Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
windfj

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by windfj »

@ Oleg, Is that possible to open two zm and work on it in the same time? Everytime I tried it said "Can not complete task: Your license denies this action."
rikyy

Post by rikyy »

windfj wrote:@ Oleg, Is that possible to open two zm and work on it in the same time? Everytime I tried it said "Can not complete task: Your license denies this action."
Ye that'd be nice, I could open one with a couple ingame cars or a mod for reference and work on another zm process on my car.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If you need to run two copies of ZModeler at a time, just run them from a different folders.
papaleguas

Post by papaleguas »

please, someone give me a help
why is this happening with my car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08TCtyQmBM
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

papaleguas wrote:please, someone give me a help
why is this happening with my car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08TCtyQmBM
I'm experiencing a similar thing. few of my meshes are changing colors, mostly it's like loosing shade and around fort zancudo it changes colors from orange to green.
Attachments
2015-08-23_00001.jpg
2015-08-23_00002.jpg
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

hey Oleg, the window glasses of my imported car have only one outer material. How can i add vehglass_inner to this, so it has 2 materials (vehicle_vehglass & vehicle_vehglass_inner), like original window glasses? when i add the adapt "vehicle_vehglass_inner" it applies only for outside...
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

finally :lol:

thanks @Oleg
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

1.When the car engine is turned on, all the lights mapped with the vehicle_lights_emissive turn on (no matters if they are taillight/brakelight/indicator/reversinglight)
To make them emissive just when in use(ex. brakelight when breaking), should i use vehicle_lights instead?

2.Then i notice to have 3 source lights as tailight how can I edit them?Is it a property of the model I have chosen to replace?
3.The best way to create bump map and normal map for my custom textures?
Attachments
2015-08-25_00006.jpg
2015-08-25_00008.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Neos7,
1: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7350 "Vehicle lights" section
2: exactly. "common.rpf\x64\carcols.ymt or something like that. not yet editable.
3: 3dsmax for best; photoshop for simulated, based on a ready images; zmodeler for a long and hard way.

@ Gta5KoRn, original vehicles have duplicate surface. e.g. create/copy. and flipped inside out (modify/flip). then you can assign one material onto outer polygons and another onto inner polygons. the game will render vehicle_vehglass_inner with higher priority, and then it will render regular materials then, and vehicle_vehglass in final pass. this gives correct rendering order for transparent objects, so you are guaranteed to see inner glass from outside from any angle.
louping0

Post by louping0 »

Mister Brooks wrote:finally :lol:

thanks @Oleg

Mister Brooks , can you explain process for windows breakable , me and a lot of people don't understand
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Mister Brooks , can you explain process for windows breakable , me and a lot of people don't understand
me too not understand 100% but try and try and try even reached a good result
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg, can lock my yft models like wft and dff models :roll: ?
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

@Neos7 To fix lights you should to add Eternal State ID for each light for example click on Polygon select Headlight_l and then go to Properties and change External State ID to 1 and apply.
IDs for all lights
headlight_l ID = 1
headlight_r ID = 2
taillight_l ID = 3
taillight_r ID = 4
indicator_lf = 5
indicator_rf = 6
indicator_lr ID = 7
indicator_rr ID = 8
brakelight_l = 9
brakelight_r = 10
brakelight_m = 11
reverselight_l = 12
reverselight_r = 13

and to fix 3 source lights you should to change Axes positions with Move tool
TheAdmiester

Post by TheAdmiester »

Oleg wrote:@Neos7,
1: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7350 "Vehicle lights" section
2: exactly. "common.rpf\x64\carcols.ymt or something like that. not yet editable.
3: 3dsmax for best; photoshop for simulated, based on a ready images; zmodeler for a long and hard way.
Hey Oleg, the newer carcols files are actually in .meta format and fully editable. update\x64\dlcpacks\mpluxe\dlc.rpf\common\data\carcols.meta for example. You can't edit the existing files of the base game cars but you can overwrite them.

For example, if I wanted to edit the carcols for the Stanier, but I can't edit carcols.ymt, I could just copy a car from the carcols.meta, change some values and change its name to Stanier. When the game loads up it will see that this is higher in the hierarchy than carcols.ymt, and so any values for the Stanier in the ymt file will be replaced by the values I added in the meta file.
CplCookie

Post by CplCookie »

Might have found something helpful regarding breaking windows. The only car I have been able to import and then export with no issues with the glass is the voodoo2. The glass seems to always work fine regardless of what I do to the vehicle. I can't find anything to suggest why it always works on this car but I figured I would report it as a possible hint on how to fix the bug.

Regarding the voodoo2, I'm currently trying to make a clean version and as such I am mirroring the passenger door as it is fixed. It looks fine in zmodeler and in openiv. but in game it pivots incorrectly. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
rikyy

Post by rikyy »

CplCookie wrote:Might have found something helpful regarding breaking windows. The only car I have been able to import and then export with no issues with the glass is the voodoo2. The glass seems to always work fine regardless of what I do to the vehicle. I can't find anything to suggest why it always works on this car but I figured I would report it as a possible hint on how to fix the bug.

Regarding the voodoo2, I'm currently trying to make a clean version and as such I am mirroring the passenger door as it is fixed. It looks fine in zmodeler and in openiv. but in game it pivots incorrectly. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Look in the properties and modify the angles to the opposite of what door you copied. Say the left door moved rotY 90°, you should put -90° for the right one.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

i can't manage to get the COLs working, the car doesn't get any bullet shell drawn, on any car component or glass. I set the ID and the flags to the COL compound,click apply and export,but when I reimport the model they are gone. And about the glasses, yes the .cwgv are in the export folder.

edit: some parts like the bonnet don't get the bullets, but if i lose them from the car and shoot at them while on the ground the get the bullets. is this a problem related the chassis COL?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

help me guys i have problem with camera view
camera view is too high, look screenshot

i not edit anyting in vehicles.meta but camera view is high and far, please how fix it ?
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Mister Brooks wrote:help me guys i have problem with camera view
camera view is too high, look screenshot

i not edit anyting in vehicles.meta but camera view is high and far, please how fix it ?
@Oleg please help me, this problem break my head
f5544

Post by f5544 »

this is in the vehicles.meta.
vans123
Beginner

Post by vans123 »

@Mister Brooks: Look for <item> Section of the car you are replacing inside vehicles.meta, scroll down until you see camera offset, fov, position coordinates and change them as you please.
Just remember the game has various vehicles.meta, do it to the one located inside the .rpf library containing your car
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

f5544 wrote:this is in the vehicles.meta.
vans123 wrote:@Mister Brooks: Look for <item> Section of the car you are replacing inside vehicles.meta, scroll down until you see camera offset, fov, position coordinates and change them as you please.
Just remember the game has various vehicles.meta, do it to the one located inside the .rpf library containing your car
but i not edit anything in vehicles.meta, only create my car in zmodeler and camera view become high and far !!
and i try change value in vehicles.meta in update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5 but camera view not change yet in game :shock: i replace my car with adder, help please
f5544

Post by f5544 »

did you change the adder node? the first dummy or the second dummy is attached to the camera. is it on the same place as the original adder?
f5544

Post by f5544 »

nvm
Last edited by f5544 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

f5544 wrote:did you change the adder node? the first dummy or the second dummy is attached to the camera. is it on the same place as the original adder?
i not understand what you mean sorry, please clarify