Report Import/Export bugs here

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
AventadorGT3

Re: Report Import/Export bugs here

Post by AventadorGT3 »

Oleg wrote:@BlingBlingCocaine, it is confirmed, that only vehicle_tire adaptation can be used on vehicle wheels. Thanks for noticing this, I've made changes to materials/shaders guide topic.

@AventadorGT3, is the tint glass option an in-game "upgrade stuff" feature? I haven't played the game, so I might miss a lot of features..
Yes its a upgrade. I compared my windscreen with Infernus's, including User-defined, vertices/polygons properties, materials, External ID/Compatibility, UV mapping, I still cant find the difference that make my windscreen tint while infernus's wont.
ClassicCarRacer

Post by ClassicCarRacer »

Oleg wrote: @ClassicCarRacer, create a copies of geometries prior to putting them into L0. So, you can put L0 into an object and put a copy of geometry as L1 (and put a second copy as L2 if needed).
Thanks!!
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

@Oleg i have problem with wheels :(

wheen attach my wheel with old wheel, wheel invert

please how fix it
GTAModder

Post by GTAModder »

Right clicking on the mesh and selecting Edit/Flip should fix it.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

Oleg wrote:@windfj, @smokey888, import your exported model.yft back into ZModeler and check whether zmodeler creats *.cwgv files in a folder after you re-import. If it does not, then you model has no glass crash data inside.

note, ZModeler put cwgv data into model.yft, it will not put it into model_hi.yft.
.cwgv files are created, yet it makes no difference - ingame the glass doesnt have any interaction with gunfire, same when the player tries to shoot out of the car - he just sticks his arm through the glass.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

GTAModder wrote:Right clicking on the mesh and selecting Edit/Flip should fix it.
woow thanks it work :D you hero :P
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

edited : i fix it :D
Last edited by Mister Brooks on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Who have any idea to get work of detaching object ingame? In my exported model bonnet and boot are removed immiediately after few crashes instead of swinging.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Dunno if this was mentioned somewhere but mirrors don't work the way they work on stock vehicles. Tried GTAIV mapping and the reflections look pixelated and mapping like in GTAV gives almost no reflection at all.
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Guys, i have problem windscreen visible but very very low opacity

prb 2 : how fix glass not breakable ?, i doing like what said @Oleg, re-import model.yft and this created cwgv files in import folder, but what do after this ?
Last edited by Mister Brooks on Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

@Oleg, any advice on this ? while all collision meshes are setup exactly like the guide says, game seems to ignore chassis and windows related collisions - although car interacts with game world and will deform, player is able to walk right through it and gun fire is ignored on chassis/bodyshell/windows - despite that the collisions on all movable objects works (door, bumper, see screens) , see here:

collisions are from original infernus, any attempt at remaking them makes no difference - i'll gladly provide the z3d if you could look into what might be wrong with it ...
windfj

Post by windfj »

@Oleg Could you make a tutorial about glass crash?Because I flowed the Guide Glass crash data (*.cwgv) but I still can't get it to work.
Kamel

Post by Kamel »

@ Oleg windfj is right make tutorial about it
Riqitch811

Post by Riqitch811 »

It's not really a bug, but when I try to export from ZModeler it shows this:
http://i.imgur.com/Qy3iC4I.png

"Exported highest lod only. Hierarchy elements: 0. Collision elements: 0. Materials used: 0. Embedded textures: 0." How can I fix this?
Last edited by Riqitch811 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

Front bumper have some weird areas of smoothing, who experienced that?

Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Mister Brooks wrote:Guys, i have problem windscreen visible but very very low opacity

prb 2 : how fix glass not breakable ?, i doing like what said @Oleg, re-import model.yft and this created cwgv files in import folder, but what do after this ?

guys help me fast please
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@Riqitch811, these are information messages on how your scene was exported. I see nothing got exported out of your model. Also, your chassis is underlined, it is a group element. it should be "compound" element (and can contain groups on L0, L1 if needed).

@_cp_, if you see the same in ZMod, try Surface\Normals\Smooth

@smokey8808, @windfj, I'm currently fighting this collision issue. Haven't located the cause yet, but keep trying. Will mess with glass crash data as soon as I solve the "chassis collision" puzzle.
Gta5KoRn
Beginner

Post by Gta5KoRn »

Олег, не знаешь как такую лажу исправить? когда левая дверь закрытая, то персонаж может сквозь нее пройти. Также если на крышу залезть то он проваливается в нее. Но через правую дверь и с других сторон не проходит. То есть только через левую дверь и крышу. Когда левая дверь открытая то он в нее упирается и не проходит сквозь...
rikyy

Post by rikyy »

^ holy Christ that website
Mister Brooks

Post by Mister Brooks »

Mister Brooks wrote:Guys, i have problem windscreen visible but very very low opacity

@Oleg, help me please
MrLifePak

Post by MrLifePak »

Can anyone help me with the following problems in the photo?

List of Problems.
1. Lights are too bright in game
2. Wheels are out of alignment
3. ENV on Paint is too shiny and reflective
4. Door Dummies are out of alignment.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@ Gta5KoRn, я сейчас работаю над этой проблемой.

@Mister Brooks, may be cause original vehicle uses double glass - one "vehglass_inner" and another "vehicle_vehglass" ? just a guess. Are you sure original and yours use the same texture, as transparency is generally driven by texture. try importing/exporting original vehicle and see whether transparency changes. If it does, zmod something messes in material probably.

@MrLifePak, lights brightness is controlled by texture's alpha channel. wheels should be set up exactly as on original vehicle. explore original vehicle wheels setup and do the same on your model. wheel collision must be a cylinder-shape dummy node on "X" axis. Env level is controlled by "Output Level" slider in material properties and GREEN channel of specular texture map; Door's collision volumes should have the same local axes, as their parent (use display\local axes\reset to parent on all COL objects).
Riqitch811

Post by Riqitch811 »

@Oleg - Thanks man. That did the trick and it exported it perfectly. :D
But there's a few problems in game:

1. The model exported without wheels (the model in ZM had a wheel)
2. The right rear axel(?) spins and turns like a wheel.
A) http://i.imgur.com/NXuSGDD.png (straight wheel)
B) http://i.imgur.com/Kjv7gKL.png (full rotation)

Some help please?
_cp_
Beginner

Post by _cp_ »

@Riqitch811
Export both _hi and normal model.

@Oleg

Saved Zmodeler scene vanishes UV2 dirt map on paint1 shader.
MrLifePak

Post by MrLifePak »

@Oleg I have tried using the exact same settings as per the default paint for a default vehicle but still has the same issue. I have also done exactly you said with the COL but also no luck.