[Guide] GTA V: Physics and collisions

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [Guide] GTA V: Physics and collisions

Post by Oleg »

try a geometry-collision trick.
create a copy of your geometry; tick an option in properties: mesh->vertices->format; one object should have "deformable" and another should have this option toggled off.

then group both objects and convert to COL compound.
botanuim

Post by botanuim »

OK thank you so much, will try
SizzGames

Post by SizzGames »

I am messing around with editing objects like signs and traffic lights as well and i do have the same problem.

For some debugging for myself I tried importing and exporting an standard GTA V trafficsign, and the same problem occures. So it probably is something in the exporting.. Still did not found an fix for it.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

SizzGames wrote:I am messing around with editing objects like signs and traffic lights as well and i do have the same problem.

For some debugging for myself I tried importing and exporting an standard GTA V trafficsign, and the same problem occures. So it probably is something in the exporting.. Still did not found an fix for it.
which of the mentioned problems have you faced in your tests?
botanuim

Post by botanuim »

Same as mine, just walk and touch it with ped and it will destroy
Even with one single weapon shoot
Mentossini

Post by Mentossini »

Привет. Извиняюсь, если выбрал не тот тред, но на мой субъективный взгляд он подходит лучше всего.
Вкратце - создаю .ydr файл с коллизией, но мне нужно, чтобы данный .ydr в самой игре имел физику падения при взаимодействии. Проблема простейшая - эта модель проваливается под землю при взаимодействии с ней. Пытался искать, в чём может быть проблема - выяснил, что это тесно связано со скелетом, в этом и проблема.
Я пробовал и просто включать галочку "Skeleton" при экспорте, пробовал использовать функцию "Binds marked skeleton with selected objects" и на меш, и на коллизию. К сожалению, успеха в этом так и не добился. Где я мог ошибиться?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

попробуй прикрутить коллизию от оригинальной модели. ну и как совет - попробуй сделать .yft файл. Например, столбы фонарные как .yft сделаны. я на них тестировал - вроде работают разрушения и коллизии.
vainko

Post by vainko »

How exactly do you set the base property? I can't seem to find it anwhere.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what sort of "base" property do you mean? may you post a screenshot so I could understand the situation clearly? I do not remind "base" property related to GTA5 at all.
vainko

Post by vainko »

I'm referring to this : Destroy user-defined property with a set of property bits ranging from 1 to 16 inclusive. Meanings of values are mostly unknown;
9 = Destroy with single gun shot;
11 = destroyed object disappears (applies to light bulbs and other glass objects);
Setting any "Destroy" value on COL object requires you to set non-zero second value in "Base" property of the root dummy node. For example, if you change buffalo2 doors "Destroy" mode to "9, 11", the original "Base" value 20 should be changed to "20, 4" (for drop-off components). I wasn't too sure what it meant exactly as-in "base" property
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Base property is no longer used.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

hi, I have a problem with the collisions of the goalkeeper, on zmodeler3 there are but in the game they do not work I am attaching the photos to make you understand better. I hope you can help me, have a nice day.
Attachments
in zmodeler3
in zmodeler3
in game
in game
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the issue could be related to a parent or child collision too. E.g. the window collision is bad. Also, press "Damage" button on Structure panel and make sure vertices movement do not cause any polygon to flip inside out. This relates to all COL objects.

If the same problem happens on hood/bumper or other doors, the cause could be in "chassis [COL]".

As a quick test try a "double collision" method on chassis COL object: you need to duplicate geometry of chassis COL object and toggle "Deformable" option on <-> off in Properties->Mesh->Vertices->Format (enable on one object, disable on another object). Then group both copies with "Group" button and convert this group to compound COL.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hi, I tried the solutions he gave me but they don't seem to work, I think the problem is not the collision me not moving along with the door / trunk / hood. I await a reply. Good day
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get ALL collisions from original vehicle, do not modify them, just put them int your vehicle's hierarchy and test in game.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

hi, I tried to put the collisions of the oracle_hi.yft without modifying them but always the same problem for the doors / trunk / hood. Thank you have a nice day.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make a "double collision" for chassis [COL] and write down here each step how you've done it. I think it should fix the issue, you might be doing something wrong or missing some step.
gtagamer

Post by gtagamer »

Hi. I am working on a white street lights mod. Only the color properties of prop have been altered, nothing else.
But after exporting from zmodeler, the street light has lost its static (non-movable) property.
As a temporary workaround, I've changed the mass of concrete base's [COL] to 50000 so that it won't move easily and fall down.
I'm looking for a way (like a flag/option) to make it truly static in zmodeler. How to do that?
Thank you.
Attachments
Zmodeler prop (obect) collision static.jpg
ZModeler3_a1G9axc4uw.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Is your copy of ZModeler the latest one with all updates? I remind having the same issue with street lights while testing for quite a long time, but it was fixed in recent updates if I'm not mistaken...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

also, there is a known issue when all lights sources are coded in map itself, so you will see original lights (colors) on a far distance, and they will change to the actual light settings from a .yft file when you approach closely to them.
gtagamer

Post by gtagamer »

Yeah am using the latest one. Zmodeler 64bit version released on 7th May 2021.
Attachments
ZModeler3_NviHkHWBBf.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is your GTARage.zmf file version as shown in Settings=>Plugins->Manager?
gtagamer

Post by gtagamer »

For light sources.. I took care of all the map ymaps (including prop <extensions> in those ymaps and changing color in those extensions)
Distlodlights and Lodlights ymaps have also been edited, so no more light changing colors as i get near them.

GTARage.zmf version is 3.2.1 (build 408)
Attachments
ZModeler3_SpGzzjhRDm.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Also, give a try with "prop_streetlight_01.yft" file - this is the one I've been testing the export on. Does it suffer the same problem? The problem I had with these objects - they got damaged (and fall) after a tiny touch even when player passes near by and touches the light pole.

and just in case I had a bad memory, test this "modded" file - it was exported from ZModeler in January 2020 - I assume it should not suffer this problem. Does it?

P.S. I'm on laptop device and have no game here, so I can't test anything currently.
Attachments
prop_streetlight_01.zip
(244.58 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
gtagamer

Post by gtagamer »

Okay sure will check and let you know soon.
Thank your for your time and replies.