Material texture map deleted when merge files

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
khiemdeptrai

Material texture map deleted when merge files

Post by khiemdeptrai »

Hi, when I try to merge files, sometimes the original material got some of the map deleted (detail, bump, mask, spec).
This happened to me before when too many materials are merged (230+), but now it starts to happen more frequently (around 90-100 materials total).
Is this because of the new updates?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Attachments
image_2023-03-25_144749093.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Material texture map deleted when merge files

Post by Oleg »

1. does this happen on original materials (in scene) or on merged materials (from a merged file)?
2. is missing texture still in textures browser?
3. what is your "Materials" option set on Settings -> General -> Files -> Merge Collisions?

If you have both .z3d files (original scene and the one you merge) and the issue can be reproduced every time you do the same steps (e.g. "pick merge file A.z3d, select object B to merge, as a result original material C looses texture on slot D"), then send me both files and specify how to reproduce the issue.
khiemdeptrai

Post by khiemdeptrai »

Oleg wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:00 pm 1. does this happen on original materials (in scene) or on merged materials (from a merged file)?
2. is missing texture still in textures browser?
3. what is your "Materials" option set on Settings -> General -> Files -> Merge Collisions?

If you have both .z3d files (original scene and the one you merge) and the issue can be reproduced every time you do the same steps (e.g. "pick merge file A.z3d, select object B to merge, as a result original material C looses texture on slot D"), then send me both files and specify how to reproduce the issue.
1. Only the original materials
2. Yes they are still there
3. See attached pic
Thanks.
Attachments
image_2023-03-25_163424136.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt I could reproduce this with no .z3d files supplied.