Reflective Floors

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
TheLucas1604

Reflective Floors

Post by TheLucas1604 »

Hello Oleg, this will be a quick question. Is it possible to make reflective floors in zmodeler 3? This video shows the process through 3ds max, would it be possible to replicate it in zmodeler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLbNfKR2cZE
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Reflective Floors

Post by Oleg »

I see most of the task is done in other programs. The issue with the export of .ydr file? Use shader adaptation "mirror_decal" on material. Parameters that can be set via user-derfined options are:
gMirrorDebugParams - one value, default 0
gMirrorBounds - four values, default 0,0,0,0
gMirrorDistortionAmount - one value, default 10.0
reflectivePower - one value, default 1.0

I'm not quite sure whether "decal" shader + "mirror_decal" combination is important, ZModeler will assign mirror_decal both as a shader and as parameters preset.
TheLucas1604

Post by TheLucas1604 »

Thanks Oleg, I'll try this. One more thing, do you have any idea how this grass works? It is present in a large part of the map, and it is much better to use it than just a texture with a bumpmap. Do you have any idea how to do it? I know the name is fur grass, but I searched about it and couldn't find anything.

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Looks like this is a fur shader with geometry shader (a shader that generates geometry patches on GPU). May you send me a small piece of original game model that uses this shader, so I can take a look?
TheLucas1604

Post by TheLucas1604 »

here it is
Attachments
grass.rar
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 57 times