skeleton remap issue

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
sarahumna

skeleton remap issue

Post by sarahumna »

hi,
i am working on streamed ped. i already have a weight painted body. i added four new bones for foot and assign new ids. like my total bones was 255 so i assign them 256, to 259 paint them and export the skeleton. but zmodeler rewrite the bones id and assign the new bones id 19to 22. when i export my components separately and import it again some bones showing wrong paint or missing. if i do export whole body in one component it is showing correct weight paint except for some (still missing hand paint). but the second issue is i cant export model body in one component bcz when i attached the head zmodeler export it exceeds the limits showing in openiv. my total body have 62k vertices. when i spilt in three parts , body miss the weight paint (spine, calf, hand pelvis)
anyone can help me!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: skeleton remap issue

Post by Oleg »

I'm not quite sure, but most likely it is OK to hit the 255 bones limit.
If you export components, it is a must to put skeleton into a separate branch named .global, so you have the .global outside of your model hierarchy and .skel in it. Also, check the "MaxBones" property in Profile->Editor->Preferences->Filters->GTARage. Set there higher value, restart ZModeler and export again.

On the other hand, animation files will not animate your new bones and they will behave exactly as their parent bones. Just like you haven't rigged them and like vertices are rigged to respective parent bones. So, there is no technical background to add new bones to the skeleton at all, unless all animations are remastered for this exact skeleton.
sarahumna

Post by sarahumna »

here is the screenshot plz chk this i am frustrated. if i do export in single body it is showing different weight piant miss or if i do export in seorate comp it is showing like screenshot.
Attachments
Islamabad_United.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me a .z3d file (before the export) and specify what steps to do to reproduce the error.
sarahumna

Post by sarahumna »

i have sent you project file in message
sarahumna

Post by sarahumna »

I sent you a file but no response from your side Waiting for response
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

will check this soon, got some updates in progress that I need to finish and test.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Sorry for delay.
There was no issue with the rigging on your model. The problematic vertices had the Spine_3 bone weight multiple times, but this should not have any impact on the rigging in game (and in ZModeler too). The rainbow weight highlight was incorrect (it did not respect the case of the bone to have multiple weights on a vertex). This was fixed, so you should see correct weight color highlight in ZModeler.

What is the issue with the model itself in game?
sarahumna

Post by sarahumna »

The issue is not only spine but also on left calf and left hand.if i do export full body in single ydd it show correct weight. I didn't understand fully what do you mean by weight multiple times can you explain plz ?im not expert in any ped models just started few months back and this is my 2nd model.
Can you plz tell me it will impact on rigged model or not? I dont know it will impact ingame or not bcz it is cs model and i didnt chk in game. I just only check face expression bcz yed is also involve for cs ped. Creating cs to ingame player ped.
But on left hand side i chkd in zmodler3 .vertices were not bend smothly during animation. I will chk in depth.