License system in yft

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Prismo_8

License system in yft

Post by Prismo_8 »

Is it possible to set an option to bind the file to a post request api when exporting to zmodeler? For example I specify a domain and the license key and when server people etc try to open or read the yft ask the webserver if the license is active and only if it is release the file or let it be read.

Thanks for feedback
Prismo
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: License system in yft

Post by Oleg »

nope. there are several tools on the web that can read and write .yft files. they will bypass anything added to the file (the way the game will do this to load the model). unless there is a way to make game code changes, so it loads file in a specific way (via some intermediate routine between resource file and game loaded and usable resource), nothing can be done actually.

also, do not consider ZModeler's "Lock file" option as something that can prevent model from being extracted. This option only blocks ZModeler from importing this model, any other .yft read/write tool will do this with ease.
Prismo_8

Re: License system in yft

Post by Prismo_8 »

Thank you very much, yes I am aware of the model curling when exporting, however, I have been thinking for a long time about how to save the yft files so that the files are protected for creators like me so that they can not be forwarded to third parties or they can not use the files.
best regards
Prismo