Clothing shiny

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
TBLPD911

Clothing shiny

Post by TBLPD911 »

hi,

my zmod didnt work, so install it again and now if i open my projects (Clothing) they are shiny. how do fix this?

kindley,

Luke
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Clothing shiny

Post by Oleg »

when the shader has ENVMAP slot and has no texture there, ZModeler puts a build-in reflection texture into this slot.

Game's shader has a set of affectors that can reduce environment reflection. first of all, the "Output level" slider in ZModeler is the strength of relection texture (and game shader respects this). Second, green channel of SPECMAP texture's slot dims the reflection too. So, depending on what your SPECMAP is and what Output level set on ENVMAP slot, you can get a matte or reflective material surface in game (and any grade from matte to fully-reflective).

Current ZModeler version (3.3.0) runs on DX11 engine and has remastered shaders code in it. It might draw geometry in ZModeler a little bit different than older versions. However, this has no effect on exported models - they are the same and should look in game exactly as they were before. So, I do not expect anything to change in game on your exported model.