Bug on arms when turning space bike

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
GTAEU-MODS

Bug on arms when turning space bike

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

hi good day my new space lobo bike mod has a bug on arms when turning how can i fix?
https://youtu.be/sjSgWRpkhL0
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Bug on arms when turning space bike

Post by Oleg »

Most likely the local axes of rotating front fork are misplaced. Also, mind the game uses hierarchy and axes from model.yft file and applies geometry from model_hi.yft file, so you need to update both of them.

try moving local axes on front fork a bit toward and check whether this gives the desired effect or not. You can move axes with Move tool by toggling an option "move axes only".
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

Ty OLeg for the help and support i will try i will let u know if works
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

i cant fix tried many times many ways still the same tried move the pivots also tried copy pivots from original bike to mod one still the same maybe cause i convert as zombie bike and export as oppressor2 not sure i done this unique Honda Goldwing GL1500 90s bike mod https://youtu.be/MBYLGReW32A and works very good this space bike just too mutch complex i wasted many hours on it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I would suggest to take an original model (the one you replace with your own mod) and move its grip and forks toward 1m (with axes of cause). then export and test in game. Just to find out whether the game respects new axes position in rotation or not. If it doesn't then the rotation axis is hard-coded somewhere (may be in metadata file). Actually, I don't see any reason for this not to work properly, the pivot point of rotation on vehicles is always respected as axes position of an associated object (doors, hood, trunk, wheels). I have never seen the game not to respect object movement changes in game.

May you attach a screenshot of your model in ZModeler (Side view) with forks selected and hovered with mouse, so their axes are clearly seen?
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

hi Here screenshots im tired of trying and still the same i would appreciate if someone can fix it for me and maybe do a video about it how to fix it
Attachments
ZM3 last version bug on space bike when turning.jpg
ZM3 last version bug on space bike when turning 01.jpg
ZM3 last version bug on space bike when turning02.jpg
here list of project files i tried many times and many dif ways still the same
here list of project files i tried many times and many dif ways still the same
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Does this model use soft-skin rigging (e.g. soft bending parts)? Because if it doesn't, then you should not edit it in skeleton+mesh mode, use parts mode instead. When you import, toggle "Slice to parts" option to have geometry sliced to parts, it is way easier to edit model this way.

of course, if your model has a soft bending geometry fragments, then slicing to part will ruin these bending/stretching geometry objects. However, I still advise to give it a try with "Slice to part" editing first, just to find out whether this gives a proper result with fork/grips parts rotation.
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

ive tried Slice to parts too still the same i tried many times and many ways still same i think the problem is i convert as zombiea bike and replaced as oppressor2 how can i fix any video tut i dont want to reconvert aleardy wasted many hours
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your model's fork axis is not where it should be. you have to move object's axis where it should be so the rotation goes around proper point.

If you don't use "Slice to parts", you need to move skeleton bone. You should do this in "Setup mode" for your skeleton (right-click on a skeleton and toggle Setup mode).

If you do this on a model loaded with "Slice to parts", then use "Move" tool with "Axes only" mode. You need to move local axes of rotating object (most likely fork_u or something like that) so the green axis is at the point of rotation and points the direction of rotation axis.
axis1.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

By adjusting position of axes and their direction (rotation) you control how the forks are turning in game. This is not related to the model you replace, this is solely how your objects hierarchy is set and how objects axes are set.
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

Here in Slice to parts Project i did move the fork_u like u showed Move tool with Axes only mode i tested in game still the same im tired tried so many times and many ways still the same
Attachments
2023-02-23.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

What object do these axes belong to? I think these axes need to be moved too.
axis2.jpg
GTAEU-MODS

Post by GTAEU-MODS »

are forks_l and misc_j i did move to same location as u told me before i will test and see if it works better

before this i did move only the forks_u like u told me to do
Attachments
2023-02-24.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

:)
That's you making a mod, not me. It's up to you to decide how this all will work and set objects the way you need. I have no idea how the particular model works in game, what objects/parts are rotation joints, what the game will turn in game and what will not. Given your video I assume the rotation axis is wrong, so all you need is to find an object that has axes somewhere around the axis the game uses as pivoting point for rotation and adjust this object axes. You can make a lot of different things on different objects and test result in game every time.

I guess the part name the game turns left/right is coded in game. The hierarchy (children objects) starting from this object and deeper will turn too, so it's up to you to organize objects in hierarchy to make them turn properly.