Cant save matterial

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
silentsatan777

Cant save matterial

Post by silentsatan777 »

hi dear
my question is why i cant save the materials into a file ?!
i want to save it but i get this errors :

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Cant save matterial

Post by Oleg »

The material saving feature is available in filters that have materials in a separate files. The SCS Soft prism3D plugin saves materials in .mat file, and SlightlyMadStudios saves materials as .bmt files. Both of these saving options include material conversion to an associated game format.

On your screenshot you seem to have GTA model loaded and materials are configured for GTA game. You can't save such a material and retain all the settings. Any material saving routine performs material conversion and strips off unknown or unused material data. Furthermore, every such a conversion requires conversion scenario that is driven by "Adaptation" entry on material (the "Adapt: ...." field). Given that GTA shader adaptations are unknown for these material saving plugins, they can't make a conversion to save material.

If you want to save material(s) to use them in another scene, I advise to save the .z3d file instead. You can delete all objects and delete unused materials and textures from this scene. Then create a cube with the same name as material you need to be saved, assign the matching material onto this cube. Do the same for all other materials you would like to be saved. Then save the .z3d file.

Once you have your editing scene/.z3d file opened in ZModeler, you can "load materials" using the File\Merge command and pick the .z3d file with saved materials. You will be prompted to select objects to merge into your scene. Given that you named objects the same way as materials are named, pick those you need to be loaded. Objects will be loaded into your scene and will bring their respective materials into Materials editor too. Delete loaded cube objects as you likely don't need them. Use the loaded materials the way you wanted them to be used in your scene.