Shadows changing texture color on weapon

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
swaggerkaj

Shadows changing texture color on weapon

Post by swaggerkaj »

Hello, I have recently been busy with converting a weapon to GTA:V, I do what I do usually but from some reason the texture is messing up. Screen for reference. How the scope is supposed to look:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png, how it looks on the other side with the messed up shadow: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Shadows changing texture color on weapon

Post by Oleg »

most likely you have used a shader with bump-map and the bump texture is bad causing shading to give artifacts. Put plain RGB {128, 128, 255} texture instead of BUMPMAP texture and take a look whether it gives any effect or not.
swaggerkaj

Post by swaggerkaj »

Hello oleg,
I have changed the texture as you said, but issues still persists. I am using the weapon_normal_spec_detail_palette.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

try different shader with no "normal". Just to be sure the normal/bump is not the cause of the issue. Currently it looks like normal/bump shading issue cause by incorrect texture OR incorrect normals/tangents.

as another test, apply Surface\Normals\Calculate tool to the problematic area and take a look in game whether this gives any effect or not.
swaggerkaj

Post by swaggerkaj »

Hello, I tried the calculate tool, no effect or I do not know how to properly use. i set the material to default spec, which had no effect either. I still do not know where this shadow bug comes from. First time I run into it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Do you export model with entire rifle or just an optical sight as an accessory? I advise to assign material from optical sight onto another geometry part and take a look whether this material assignment causes the same effect on a "good" object. Just to find out whether issue is related to material (and/or its texture) or the geometry object itself is the cause.
swaggerkaj

Post by swaggerkaj »

I exported it with all the other objects, but I might try to export it out of zmod, into blender and than back into zmod