Vehicle Flags/Cloth

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Zak C.

Vehicle Flags/Cloth

Post by Zak C. »

I am attempting to make a Pierce Velocity fire truck and I am trying to get a flag on the back like the GTA V monster trucks. How would I set it up properly to stay in place and act like a flag in game
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Vehicle Flags/Cloth

Post by Oleg »

it should be a separate object named .cloth if I'm not mistaken. It can use vehicle_cloth shader (i could be wrong here too, may be other shaders are allowed). the rest is generally the same with ped cloths - take a look at video. the most important step is to assign some vertices a "static point" option, so they can hang and hold the rest of points. otherwise, the cloth will fall down completely through the ground.
Zak C.

Post by Zak C. »

Oleg wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:55 pm it should be a separate object named .cloth if I'm not mistaken. It can use vehicle_cloth shader (i could be wrong here too, may be other shaders are allowed). the rest is generally the same with ped cloths - take a look at video. the most important step is to assign some vertices a "static point" option, so they can hang and hold the rest of points. otherwise, the cloth will fall down completely through the ground.
Do you have the link to the video?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se1M7xfdDfc

...but it has much more than you need.

I advise to import original vehicle with cloth (like dune2 model) and take a look on scene setup and .cloth object setup (user-defined options on object and on vertices).