Gauge texture becomes transparent in-game when material is lightsemissive

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Turkish20

Gauge texture becomes transparent in-game when material is lightsemissive

Post by Turkish20 »

Is there a way, that I can prevent lightsemissive (gauges) textures prevent being transparent in-game? The original texture is assigned as dash_emissive_opaque and when I change the material to lightsemissive it is literally transparent in-game. What layer is missing in the original texture? I tried it with the original dds one and the png one. Non of them helped. Seems like the texture is somehow to thin.

I also put the gauges material as the second material under the in-game dial script. The gauges window is 3rd. I can attach a picture of my material hierarchy if it's the case.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Gauge texture becomes transparent in-game when material is lightsemissive

Post by Oleg »

does the texture itself has an alpha channel? also, the availability of "dash_emissive_opaque" seems to be created exactly for non-transparent dashboard dials. Mind, there is no way to control how shader code in game behaves other than the way it was designed to work. In most of cases, shader math is controlled by textures in game. There are no other switches to "turn this option on, turn this option off".
Turkish20

Re: Gauge texture becomes transparent in-game when material is lightsemissive

Post by Turkish20 »

Once I imported the texture, I saw it has an alpha channel which I removed. It didn't changed anything. Still have the same issue with that. Couldn't import the dds one into OpenIV tho.