Rig clothing piece static, no movement

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
swaggerkaj

Rig clothing piece static, no movement

Post by swaggerkaj »

Hello, I have a shoulder radio I have rigged to the MP_freemode_male_01 ped. I do not want this radio to move when the ped is walking, I want it to keep static positioning. How can I make this, video for how it is currently:
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Rig clothing piece static, no movement

Post by Oleg »

pick the rigging data from one vertex of the shoulder under the radio using "Preset" mode of "Rigging\Influence\Paint" tool (Pick from vertex). Then use this preset on all radio vertices (select all vertices, "Fill selected vertices with preset").
swaggerkaj

Post by swaggerkaj »

what do you mean with one vertex exactly, I have tried to follow your steps but the radio is only moving in different manner no, and still not static unfortunately.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

switch object to vertices level. Pick tool Rigging\Influence\Paint. Expand its options (small button in top-right corner), switch to "preset" mode. Press "pick from vertex" button there, hover a vertex on a shoulder under a radio and click on it. The list in options window will be filled with a set of bones and their influence values read from the vertex you have clicked on. (the "Rigging\Influence\Paint" should be selected when you click, so ZModeler knows what is the intent of the click). Once you have the preset loaded, select all vertices of radio geometry fragment (e.g. using Select\Element tool) then expand options of influence paint tool and press the lowest button there "Fill selected with preset". The pre-loaded preset will apply to radio vertices, so the radio will move exactly as the point on the shoulder you've read bones influence from.
swaggerkaj

Post by swaggerkaj »

Ok, so I did indeed do it right yesterday. Although I seems to have no effect.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

swaggerkaj wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:05 am Ok, so I did indeed do it right yesterday. Although I seems to have no effect.
import both torso object and radio object. use Rigging\Influence\Paint tool in "Preset" mode to read bones influence on should and on radio. Do they match? if they don't, you've done something improperly.