Cannot get Pop up Headlights to Work

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Thero

Cannot get Pop up Headlights to Work

Post by Thero »

Looking for help with pop up headlights. Is there something in Zmodeler that tells a mesh to slide instead of pop up and if so can you tell me where to find it?

I have a Mazda Miata and a Mazda Rx7 and the headlights pop up correctly on the RX7. On the Miata they just slide up instead of down. The only way I can adjust how far they slide is with the
axis being moved in zmod.

Things I've tried:
I've added the handling lines to the vehicle so it has a <Fpopup> value and i've tried changing all of the different lines to different values but it changes nothing
The lights are setup as "light_cover" and the properties without lod's enabled is "Node" 4103

All of the above was pulled from the Futo2 model. I just uncompounded the dummy so I could put my mesh in its place instead and it still doesn't want to work. I'm guessing it has something to do with something else in zmod but have no idea where to look.

Attach is a picture of the handling line where I've been changing the properties with no results and a picture of the car and how the headlights behave currently. I just really need them to rotate up and it should be fine from there. I've tried rotating the dummy for the light covers in the left view to see if that would work but nothing changes the rotation of them
Attachments
aimage.png
image.png
Seb5a

Re: Cannot get Pop up Headlights to Work

Post by Seb5a »

So i have that mechanic used in RX7 and it looks like that light_cover is used only like the dummy with shape sphere with turned options below
light_cover_gtavoptions.png
user_defined option only node and RotZ set to 0, 0
light_cover_userdefinedopt.png
and in handling.meta
<fPopUpLightRotation value="48" />

Maybe try that and I hope it will work
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get Pop up Headlights to Work

Post by Oleg »

RotZ 0,0 will block rotation on Z. Set them to a range of values that will allow rotation. Something like RotZ -120, 120