How to make windows not break yet stay not bulletproof

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
newyckkrocky

How to make windows not break yet stay not bulletproof

Post by newyckkrocky »

Hello!

How do I make a cars window not bulletproof but at the same thing not shatter. So the window itself stays in tact while it is not bulletproof.

I have a theory however I dont know if its correct, does it have anything with writing "crash" into the window material things? Since the COL shouldnt affect how the window shatters right?
newyckkrocky

Re: How to make windows not break yet stay not bulletproof

Post by newyckkrocky »

And also thank you a lot Oleg for the previous help like a month or so ago, its helped me a ton.
Seb5a

Post by Seb5a »

You can delete that Crash in collision user defined options and in material user defined options. If windows were done good before bullets should go through them, but window won't break.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the "Crash" user-defined options (or the availability of .crash object) is meaningful for vehicle_glass shader only if I'm not mistaken. Other shaders do not have the associated code, as well as the auto-generated shatter texture. May be just use another shader? You can still specify GLASS as surface type on COL polygons, so game play glass sound on impact and draws correct visual-FX, but it will nor use shatter-glass second texture layer, neither will generate "crash" holes. Just a guess.