Moving Passenger Seats - seat_dside_r

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
rhymeswithpistol

Moving Passenger Seats - seat_dside_r

Post by rhymeswithpistol »

Hello, so I'm trying to move seat nodes (seat_dside_r, seat_pside_r) of a vehicle but I'm having no luck. I'm not sure if it's just an incorrect export, the file itself, or something I'm doing correctly. I'm just trying to move the nodes a little closer to the middle of the seat, because currently players are sitting too far back and their backs are going out of the car against the back windows.

I've moved the nodes, exported the ytf file and the _hi.ytf file, albeit I'm not sure if I'm doing that correctly. I used the nodes that were already in the ytf files, so I have not created anything new, just moved them.

I've also tried converting the ytf files into xml files to just adjust the x,y,z coordinations itself (editing the y position closer to 0.0) as I assume X position moves the node left and ride, and Z makes it go up and down in height.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Moving Passenger Seats - seat_dside_r

Post by Oleg »

in general, everything looks correct given the description. you simply move dummies for seat positions and export model.yft and model_hi.yft files. Also, I advise to move a bonnet or a door, just to see the visible object position changes. thus you will be sure that the game shows the modded content actually.
rhymeswithpistol

Post by rhymeswithpistol »

So I was able to move the seat positions correctly, but now when the vehicle experiences any damage, the game crashes. There is only 1 level of LOD in the file (chassis L0) in both the _hi.ytf and the regular .ytf. Am I not importing/exporting the car correctly?

When I try to import both the regular ytf and the _hi.ytf, it gives me 2 separate items in the right hand (both the same name = ttrd) and they aren't combined with different L0Ds.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you add a set of screenshots to your explanation of the issue?