How to change colour of car part permanently in Zmodeler?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
newyckkrocky

How to change colour of car part permanently in Zmodeler?

Post by newyckkrocky »

There are a couple parts that I cannot change the colour of in game so then I put the car into ZModeler and I'm trying to figure out how to change the colour of them permanently or so that I can change the colour of it in game...

So how do I change the color of these or make it so that I can change the color of them in game?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: How to change colour of car part permanently in Zmodeler?

Post by Oleg »

vehicles in game allows several colors to be assigned onto the vehicle. The body usually utilizes two colors (primary and secondary), rims could have their own color, interior can have it's own color and one more for the dashboard. I could be wrong, there might be more.

Most of game shaders allow this colors to be applied. To assign a specific color onto material in ZModeler, you specify in material name [PAINT:1] to utilize first (primary) vehicle color or [PAINT:2] to use the secondary color. So, material name and adaptation could be something like that:

Name: bodywork_shaded [PAINT:2]
Adapt: vehicle_paint3

Then assign this material onto polygons or objects.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Could you show with pictures where i type in and etc. I want the widebody and the things in the picture to match the primary colour of the car
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Because I dont quite know what everything is and where they are etc
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in materials browser, where spheres with materials are shown.
you can copy original vehicle_paint material there, rename it and assign onto bodykit/fenders.

to assign material, you should select objects in scene, then open materials browser, pick desired material, then drag&drop it onto the left side of materials browser onto "Scene Selection" entry there.