Rear window is bulletproof. How to change this?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Rear window is bulletproof. How to change this?

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:31 am How do I make the BAK file YFT file? Like I wanna use the BAK file in zmodeler so how do I convert the BAK file to yft?
just rename .bak to .yft
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

it doesnt say ".bak"
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

when I rename it to yft it doesnt work either
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:35 am And also is there a way of not having to do the things I do to one file manually to the other, because it takes so long doing it twice. I tried to import both at the same time and then I exported, the file became 2x as big so I deleted and now I need the BAK file to become YFT file
editing whole scene at once is a correct way. Exporting both files (model.yft and model_hi.yft) from one scene is a correct way too. You might have wrong settings or using a wrong export scenario if your exported file becomes twice a size. In particular, when you export such a scene an option "Export LODs" should not be set to "All" (could be set by default, so pay attention to it). I've described the correct export scenario with "Autodetect" LODs mode set earlier, take a look.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

I put it on autodetect but when I exported it the file became 2x as big
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Is it incorrect or
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:47 am I put it on autodetect but when I exported it the file became 2x as big
what does "Messaging bar" says when you export? and what file you compare to when you say the new export is 2x big?
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

the normal yft becomes 2x big
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

when i exported into the normal yft it said "exporting all lods" even tho i had put it on autodetect lod
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:11 am when i exported into the normal yft it said "exporting all lods" even tho i had put it on autodetect lod
it should not say "Exporting all lods". your export settings are wrong. your scene should start with dummy node named "model_hi" (it will have "chassis" as a child and so on). you export this scene setup to a model.yft file (notice, the file name does not match scene hierarchy object name). exporter will consider this setup as "scene has high-detail model LOD and other LODs, exporting a regular model LODs". and in this export scenario, the highest lod will not be saved in a .yft file, only L1, L2...etc. will be exported.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...and in messaging bar you will see a prompt "Exporting all LODs except the highest" or something like that.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

So I should import the hi file first and then the normal yft file into it and then when I export with autodetect it will work? Which do I export first into or does that matter?
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Btw when I export it, if i imported both at once, do I first export the one with the name on the scene for example "12345.hi" into the hi and then rename the scene to normal yft name so it matches and works?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

import _hi first, then the regular model. thus, your scene hierarchy will already start with _hi dummy node. export in "Autodetect" mode in any order.

scene: model_hi
exported file: model.yft (lods L1, L2...)
model_hi.yft (lods: L0 only).

nothing to be renamed or edited, everything goes automatically.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Thank you very much for the help so far, I'm starting to get a hand of everything. But I have another problem, a chassis COL on one of my cars cannot be changed anywhere, there are like red lines in the corners of a "box" around it. I cannot mark anything/select anything in for example polynom.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png

Picture of it.

By the way, my free license runs out soon, is there any other way of getting another license without paying because I don't have a lot of money, is there like a coupon or sale or snything. Thankd
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Objects with orange bound/corners are actually "groups" of objects. You can open the group to access individual object inside the group. For example, you can use right-click on such an object, then Group -> Open.

Collisions that allow to "step in" or "step into" (e.g. planes, boats, or like the one in your case - pickup rear part), requires an additional set of collision called "non-deformable". This is an option "Deformable" toggled of in "Mesh -> Vertices -> Format" properties for an object. So, I guess the collision of this truck is made of a regular collision volume (cabin) with "Deformable" toggle on, and the rear part of the car with "Deformable" toggled off.

In some cases, modders use identical collision objects - one with "Deformable" toggled ON and another with OFF. Then these identical objects are grouped together and this group is converted to COL-compound object. This sometimes fixes the problem with collisions when player can't stand on the roof or when vehicle can't hit dynamic objects like trash bins, peds, cars, but still can hit static objects like buildings.