Rear window is bulletproof. How to change this?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
newyckkrocky

Rear window is bulletproof. How to change this?

Post by newyckkrocky »

I did everything correct to a yt video to make windows not bulletproof, I typed in "Crash" in the COL and in the normal ones. Then I exported it into the folder it asked me this "... already exists, do you want to replace it?" I clicked yes, then I used the hi file and put it into my dev and the windows are still bulletproof....
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Rear window is bulletproof. How to change this?

Post by Oleg »

collisions are not saved in "model_hi.yft" file. the "_hi" version of file is the geometry only. You need to export the regular file too.
newyckkrocky

Re: I can't Import into zmodeler

Post by newyckkrocky »

I put crash in all COL and normal windows, I first imported the hi and made typed in Crash in all of the windows and the COL on the windows and I then exported it into the hi file, replaced it. I then imported the normal file and did the same and exported it into the old so it replaced. Then I put the ytd, and the hi and normal yfts back into the stream folder, launched my dev up. The car is still bulletproof and I cannot wrap my head around why. Should I drag in the BAK file or what I dont understand what I'm doing wrong
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should elaborate more details on what you do and what are you trying to achieve.
the "crash" user-defined option enables glass shattering for the vehicle_glass shader on the associated object. It does not control whether the glass is bulletproof or not. The collision surface properties are set on collision object itself and on individual polygons of these COL objects. For example, there are several different types of glass for collision, some are weak, some are strong. These are set on selected polygons via properties, then Options->GTA5 and set collision Grop and Type there.

GTA Options should be enabled on Settings->General->Compatibility: Default Compatibility, Options -> GTA 5.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Can you tell me what I should do to make them NOT bulletproof? I'll explain what I've done beneath.

First I imported the hi file, I unticked everything except the windows, went into material browser or whatever its called, went to both vehicle_vehglass and went into them and user defined and typed in crash, I then typed in crash in user defined for every window COL. I then exported the hi file into the old one.

Then I imported the normal yft file and did the exact same thing, and then exported it back into the old one. I then put all of them into the stream and replaced the old ones and on my dev the windows were still bulletproof...

I was following a yt video telling me to do these steps but it didn't work...
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

so yeah what do you think I should do, what shall I do to make the windows not bulletproof
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

beside the workflow that I find completely wrong (import _hi, edit, export; import regular model, edit, export), you miss the point where you should set the proper glass type on collision object. It is shown on a screenshot. This is a COL state button toggled, everything is hidden, except the windscreen COL object. Object is switched to polygons level, all polygons are selected. GTA Options window is shown for these polygons. As you can see, a collision type can be set there. By default, vehicle has "VEHICLE_GLASS_STRONG" on windscreen, "_MEDIUM" on read windscreen and "_WEAK" on side glass objects.
Attachments
buffalo2_col_options.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The correct way to deal with _hi and regular model file is to edit them both together in once scene. and export them both from one scene.
If you take the original game model to learn the modding basics, you are likely to avoid a lot of problems on further modding steps.

You should import _hi model into your scene. Then import regular model into the same scene. the regular model will be combined with current scene hierarchy and will reuse materials, so you will not get new materials or new objects in scene (well, you are likely to get collision objects to appear in scene).

To export this scene, set "Export LODs" option to "Autodetect" in Export window for GTA Rage format. Then you export into a file _hi.yft and you will see in a log window "Exporting highest LOD only". Then export again to regular model file. You will see in a log window "Exporting all LODs except the highest". This is a correct way to deal with LODs, "regular" and "_hi" yft files.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Its still bulletproof, what did I do wrong??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Oleg wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:17 am .... Object is switched to polygons level, all polygons are selected. GTA Options window is shown for these polygons.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

How do I change object to that?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

press "polygons" button in top toolbar. (hotkey '3'), hover an object in viewport and click on it. object will switch to polygons level and will draw red dots in every polygon. Select all polygons (Shift+A is a default hotkey for Select\All tool, Shift+D is a default hotkey for 'Deselect all").

to switch back to objects, press '4' (or 'objects' button on top toolbar).

collision surface properties could be assigned on per-polygon basis, so a collision object could emulate different surfaces on one object (chassis is an example - it has different types of surfaces assigned to polygons of COL object: plastic, metal, "empty/pass-through", etc.). That is why, only polygon's type of collision surface is important on import.

An object can have it's own options (like on your screenshot), but these are generally "hints" for collision-detection routines whether certain COL should be checked or not (part of optimization in collision detection routines).
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

So I have a KIA, I went into the hi file, made sure Crash was in the windows, then went to the windows COL, first into user defined typed in crash, then to gta options and made sure it was on Vehicles and Car glass weak.

I will attach a couple pictures, it still is bulletproof.

in polygon

in normal
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

What could the problem be? I really wanna make this work
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what do you mean by "still bulletproof"? Do you mean the lack of the glass shatter holes to appear? or you can't shot the driver from the outside? if you shot the windscreen several times, can the bullet reach the rear windscreen through the salon?

there might be something related to this issue in vehicle's metadata file, but I'm not sure on this.

The big issue that you posted this all in your old topic, instead of creating the new one. I guess other forum users might be able to help you if they were aware of what issue is actually discussed in this topic.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Its the rear windows and the rear windscreen that are bulletproof. I noticed one thing, when I shoot through the front windscreen (not bulletproof) and shoot towards the rear windscreen through the front windscreen it breaks however when I shoot at the rear windscreen from outside its bulletproof. So it breaks if I shoot it from the inside...
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

The bullets arent going through, its like still bulletproof and it doesnt shatter.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

However as I said above when I shoot from inside out (from like the front windscreen that isnt bulletproof into the rear windscreen ) on the rear windscreen it breaks, but when I shoot at the rear windscreen from outside like I stand at the trunk at shoot at the rear windscreen its completely bulletproof. So from inside its not but from outside it is
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

that makes a sense.
I guess your chassis collision polygons are not set to "void/empty" where the rear windscreen is. Chassis collision polygon in doors and windows area should be set to void/empty, so the game passes the hit-test on other collision volumes there instead of detecting hit on chassis collision object.

switch chassis collision object to polygons level, select one polygon that is laid where front windscreen is and take a look at gta options (type of collision) set on it. then make the same settings on polygons that are laid where rear windscreen is.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Should I have this on shoot through fx or only shoot through. I'm not trying to figure out issues because I set chassis at the rear, rear windscreen as the front windscreen and still bulletproof

Also should group be glass or vehicles? Whats the difference, cause theres either car glass weak or glass shoot through

This is my chassis COL

Here is a video of my car, from me.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 9-2022.mp4
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

... to your recent question:
1. no, these big set of options is generally not related to the issue.
2. yes the drop-down selection of polygon type should be "physics void":
rearwindow_poly_of_chassis.jpg
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Should all polygon be on physics void and then phys car void? Like should I set the windscreen_rear to that aswell because right now I have it set as vehicles ; car_glass_weak
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

these polygons of chassis [COL] are set to "physics void". the rest are "vehicle metal".
poly_of_chassis_142.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

rear windscreen collision polygons (all of them) have identical settings on "options" and on surface properties:
rearwindow_poly_of_collision.jpg