YDR props not on the same place as collision

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Davley

YDR props not on the same place as collision

Post by Davley »

Hey there,

Last time the issue with the shadows got fixed by turning of Skeletal in the export options.

Now I have another issue with the YDR props. The collisions are at the exact same position in ZMOD, but the prop is shifted to the side in-game. The weird part is that the collision is places correctly, as shown in the next video:
https://gyazo.com/f106cf590079b95040520cbe735b9318

The 2 lane and 4 lane signs are perfectly fine, but the 3 lane sign is showing this bug.

On these screens you can see the collisions and prop are on the exact same place in Zmod
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: YDR props not on the same place as collision

Post by Oleg »

what are the local axes for on the right to the centered axes? The centered aces are those where magenta X-cross is also shown (I guess), but these on the right of them - what object they belong to?

I advise to use Display->Local axes->Reset to World tool. Use it on ".mesh" and on ".[COL]" objects. also, the topmost dummy (3_lane) must have local axes reset to world too.

Reset to world tool can set axes to 0,0,0 point and/or align axes with world axes direction. In your case, both options should be used (these options are set in fly-out options window for the "Local axes" branch group, the small button on the right of "Local axes..." label in commands bar).

P.S. Not sure what the second screenshot is - if this is the collision, I strongly advise to redo it with as less polygons as possible. Also you can use primitives like boxes and group them together. in your case, collision could be made of dozen of boxes primitives, it will be much simpler for the game to deal with such a collision than the one made of polygons. For example, hit-test computations against three triangles is nearly equal to hit-test against one box primitive.