Car windows

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
FurmaZ

Car windows

Post by FurmaZ »

Hello Im facing a problem, so I download from gta5 mods police cars with templates so I can make liveries on vanilla police cars. And everything works great all lights liveries etc etc. But Windows is not working properly, car have windows you can see it but when you shoot windows it don't brake like there is no windows collisions or something bullets just fly through..
-if I shot through front windows back tires explodes. Is it possible to fix this vanilla cars? Its very important for me if I understand right there is no collisions for windows and in general for cars inside. from outside everything is good when you shoot at lights or doors etc etc.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Car windows

Post by Oleg »

most likely collisions get messed when importing/exporting. check whether other vehicle collisions are still OK: for example, collision should react to player, to static objects (buildings), other vehicles, dynamic objects (trash bins, light poles). If vehicle does not react to any of above, its collision got messed. Note, the issue could be related to chassis collision and it could cause other children collision objects to stop working properly (e.g. doors, windows).

When in ZModeler and you switch to collision mode, you can see collision objects. Press "Damaged" button on Structure panel. Objects will have vertices shifted slightly. In this "Damaged" state you can move vertices of objects. Ensure there are no overlapping and there are no polygons get flipped inside out. For example, the door collision is pretty narrow and when up-edge vertices get moved (inner/interior edge and outer/exterior edge), they can move one beyond another and the top-face polygon of door collision becomes flipped and facing inward of collision volume. there should be no such flipping.

Finally, you can try a "double collision" fix:
1. dismiss collision object, so it is a regular geometry. create a copy of it. select one and expand properties page "Mesh -> Vertices -> Format". Enable "Deformable" option. Then select another object and disable this object. now you have two identical objects: one with "Deformable", another - without it. Select both objects in hierarchy (using CTRL key) and press "Group" to combine them into one object. Then convert this to COL compound.