Why i can't get in the car ??

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Gabrielbarbosa

Why i can't get in the car ??

Post by Gabrielbarbosa »

Hello guys! Has anyone had this problem?
all the dummies are positioned in the right place, but in game I can't get into the vehicle, I can only open the door with Menyoo.
What could be causing this error?
I have another bus converted with the same configuration and it doesn't have this issue?

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Why i can't get in the car ??

Post by Oleg »

I could think of only these things to take care of:
- correct dummy name for driver seat
- correct vehicle type / driver entrance animation
- refine chassis collisions (to assign "void/null/empty" type of polygons where doors are).
Gabrielbarbosa

Post by Gabrielbarbosa »

Oleg wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:08 am I could think of only these things to take care of:
- correct dummy name for driver seat
- correct vehicle type / driver entrance animation
- refine chassis collisions (to assign "void/null/empty" type of polygons where doors are).
Driver seat dummy is correct, vehicle type is coach.
how do i refine chassis collision to "void/null/empty"
Could it be the chassis of the bodyshell or the door?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Bodyshell, in general, should not have collision.
Switch collision object of "chassis COL" to polygons level. Select polygons where the door is, expand "GTA V Options..." and set the type of physics surface.
carphysics_void.jpg
Gabrielbarbosa

Post by Gabrielbarbosa »

Oleg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:44 pm Bodyshell, in general, should not have collision.
Switch collision object of "chassis COL" to polygons level. Select polygons where the door is, expand "GTA V Options..." and set the type of physics surface.
carphysics_void.jpg
I can't do this in my zmodeler version, because this option doesn't appear.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your COL object looks a bit too detailed.

Keep in mind, the geometry collision object should not exceed 30-40 polygons at all. The more polygons you have in collision object, the bigger chances you get a game crash or non-working collision of the vehicle. Take a look at original game's bus "COL" objects - it has extremely simple shape. Mind what collision geometry object does - the game checks intersection of every collision polygon against all other scene collision volumes (and polygons) in some close range, multiple times in a second and does this on CPU. That is why collision shape should keep as low polygons/triangles as possible. if you can make chassis collision with 30 polygons - very nice, if you can reduce it to 24 - even better, 20 - super nice!

Let ZModeler download updates if it shows a green down arrow in the bottom of ZModeler window. Then go to Settings window. General -> Compatibility->Default compatibility and change there "Options" to "GTA V". But at first, ensure you have "GTA V.xml" file in "config\options" folder of ZModeler.
Gabrielbarbosa

Post by Gabrielbarbosa »

Oleg wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:13 pm your COL object looks a bit too detailed.

Keep in mind, the geometry collision object should not exceed 30-40 polygons at all. The more polygons you have in collision object, the bigger chances you get a game crash or non-working collision of the vehicle. Take a look at original game's bus "COL" objects - it has extremely simple shape. Mind what collision geometry object does - the game checks intersection of every collision polygon against all other scene collision volumes (and polygons) in some close range, multiple times in a second and does this on CPU. That is why collision shape should keep as low polygons/triangles as possible. if you can make chassis collision with 30 polygons - very nice, if you can reduce it to 24 - even better, 20 - super nice!

Let ZModeler download updates if it shows a green down arrow in the bottom of ZModeler window. Then go to Settings window. General -> Compatibility->Default compatibility and change there "Options" to "GTA V". But at first, ensure you have "GTA V.xml" file in "config\options" folder of ZModeler.
I made a mistake, thinking that deleting "Parts" from Preference/Filters/GTARage would solve this problem.
Now every time I export a 3D model, the objects I add as "Extra_1" don't work in the game.
What do I do?

The original bus and coach collision has 150 to 200 polygons.
The old one I used was more detailed, as I modeled a new one, but now I put in the original bump which is lighter.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

deleting "parts" was a correct step, ZModeler does not require them. Make sure you use the latest ZModeler version, re-export your files. ZModeler will generate correct part numbers for all objects, including extra_1 of cause.