Game crashes after testing in game.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Shadowviper1

Game crashes after testing in game.

Post by Shadowviper1 »

So I have recently made a custom vehicle and when I test it in game it works and can drive but when I hit something with a bit of force my whole game crashes. Whats the fix for this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Game crashes after testing in game.

Post by Oleg »

something is wrong with vehicle's collision. I assume the game will crash too if you shot the car. you should check collisions and perfectly take every COL part from original game's model (just for test). Also, vehicle's metadata file might be referring to some part of your model that is expected to have a collision, but your model has no collision for this part - it could also be the cause.
Shadowviper1

Post by Shadowviper1 »

Oleg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:40 am something is wrong with vehicle's collision. I assume the game will crash too if you shot the car. you should check collisions and perfectly take every COL part from original game's model (just for test). Also, vehicle's metadata file might be referring to some part of your model that is expected to have a collision, but your model has no collision for this part - it could also be the cause.
From looking at it I believe its a issue with the collisions it self any thing specific I should be looking for?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I suggest to rework collisions from original vehicle. replace all your COL objects with COLs from an imported model (original game model) and test whether your vehicle will work fine or not. if it does work fine, adjust collision volumes in vertices mode to match your geometry.
Shadowviper1

Post by Shadowviper1 »

Oleg wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:05 am I suggest to rework collisions from original vehicle. replace all your COL objects with COLs from an imported model (original game model) and test whether your vehicle will work fine or not. if it does work fine, adjust collision volumes in vertices mode to match your geometry.
So I tried this and unfortunately It didn't work. Is there any good tutorials out there or could you take a look and see what's happening by any chance?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what game's model do your replace with your own vehicle?
My game progress is less than 1% and quite a lot of models do not spawn to me, so I could be unable to test model depending on what you replace with it. also I do not have any "completely new" models installed as DLC and have no ideas how to test or debug them. :(