Z3D Material Help

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Lanson

Z3D Material Help

Post by Lanson »

Hey there everyone, I'm currently working on texturing something and really need help with materials as I'm really in inexperienced with this. I'm having issues with just trying to do the materials where when I finish it and put it onto the car I want and when exported and opened in GTA 5 the texture is completely different.
Ingame Screenshot: (Its the bullbar part)
VS What it looks like in Z3D:

And in Z3D when trying to make parts of it chrome it doesn't look correct.

I'm to sure if this is actually correct for what something with a chrome material/texture should look like.

Any help would be brilliant and I thank you in advance for anyones support.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Z3D Material Help

Post by Oleg »

most of material settings that you are able to adjust in ZModeler are ignored on export as the shader in game is hard-coded to specific settings. Material shininess and reflection strength are controlled in game by SPECMAP texture's color channels. The red color channel is for shininess/glossiness and green channel is for environment reflection strength.
Lanson

Post by Lanson »

So waht would I need to put on the spec map for it to look correct ingame?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

spec texture is placed in SPECMAP texture slot. it uses primary UV channel (UV#1) of geometry for texture layout. How glossy and how reflective the surface will be depends on how you UV map the geometry over this texture and how you paint this texture. Glossiness and reflection is generally controlled by texture itself rather than by settings in materials editor. If you need matte non-reflective surface, the red and green channels of texture should be dark/black/zero. If you need strong glossiness with no reflection, use high/white on red texture channel and zero/black on green texture channel. To have glossiness and reflection (chrome), the red and green channels should be high/white. Making it simplier - black specmap texture will make dull matte/rubber-like material, white specmap texture will make material chrome-alike. shades of grey in between are variations.