Vehicle Glitch after Poly Crunching Vehicle

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
reallybaddev123

Vehicle Glitch after Poly Crunching Vehicle

Post by reallybaddev123 »

Hi,

after poly crunching a vehicle and putting it in my server the vehicle then looks like this in the server and is undrivable (see photo). any vehicle from the same pack that i haven't touched is completely fine so i imagine it is a zmodeler thing. i am using the newest version of zmodeler
Screenshot 2022-04-29 212056.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Vehicle Glitch after Poly Crunching Vehicle

Post by Oleg »

1. make sure you re-exported both model.yft and model_hi.yft files. They must have identical hierarchy to work properly.
2. if model was exported out from ZModeler for modification, I advise to check object axes again. May be they got misplaced or were reset to world axes at some point.

But to me it looks like #1 is the cause.
reallybaddev123

when cruching i usually export the model.yft, crunch each element, then export model.yft and replace then change model.yft to model_hi.yft and then export replace. i am wrong for doing this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if your "model_hi.yft" is just a plain file/copy (duplicate) of "model.yft", then what I've specified above is likely not your case. However, on your screenshot misplaced wheels (and probably they are spinning all around) are usually the result of model_hi.yft <=> model.yft mismatching hierarchy (e.g. when you've made some changes or changed the order of parts and exported only model.yft file kepping model_hi.yft in game unchanged).
reallybaddev123

So i tried again today and here are my results. if i import it in zmodeler don't touch it and export both normal and _hi the model ingame is fine. if i even poly crunch 1 part it instantly messes up even when following the same exporting as when i didn't touch anything. so i don't think it is mismatching hierarchy unless poly crunching can mess with hierarchy placement. any idea on fixes. maybe its issue 2?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...ok, then tell in details (or record a video of whole process) - how do you "polycrunch" a part? I assume you make some intermediate export (from) / import (to) and objects replacement (in ZModeler) in your process? When you export something out from ZModeler and import it back into ZModeler, hierarchy is likely to get rearranged (can change order of parts as children of some nodes), so this should be paid attention to.

You may post a set of screenshots of recording video is not possible.