Files too big after export

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
cryz

Files too big after export

Post by cryz »

Hey so I ran into kind of a problem yesterday.
It was my first time messing around with ZModeler. I'm trying to create animated lights for a car. So I tested around on one model (car model was imported, no original GTAV file), then I exported it, which worked perfectly fine, but when I dragged it on my server my game always crashed when I tried to spawn it because the file was too big. Then I looked into my folder again and saw that after exporting the .ytf and _hi.ytf they both doubled their file size. I thought I just maybe messed up and duplicated something by accident. To test that out I just imported this and another model and exported them directly again, just to see, if I messed up the first time or my program is having some kind of problem. And like I expected, after importing it and not changing a thing the file doubled its size after exporting it.
I have no idea how to fix it or what the problem is.
Would love to get some help and appreciate every response 🙂
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Files too big after export

Post by Oleg »

most likely you've exported all LODs into each file. The model_hi should contain only L0 (highest lod) and the model.yft should contall all other lods (except the highest).

when you export a model from scene having "model_hi" hierarchy, export options window should have "Export LODs" option set to either "autodetect" or "Highest only"
when you export a model.yft file, set Export LODs to "All but highest" or "Autodetect" too.