EUP shirt not working properly

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
JayPD12

EUP shirt not working properly

Post by JayPD12 »

I've rigged this shirt to another shirt (weighted also), the other shirt was confirmed to work before I rigged/weighted it, but this shirt seems to not have the hands connected. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

The shirt is LOD'd to L2, so I have tried both Highest only and autodetect LODs on export.

I have replaced a existing ydd, so the file size is not 0.

I have also exported with skeletal on, so not sure what the issue is.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: EUP shirt not working properly

Post by Oleg »

it is strongly advised to verify rigging of original model you copy from before you copy weight. To verify rigging, toggle off "Setup mode" on a skeleton and move some bones (e.g. arms, spine etc.) the geometry should get deformed properly - when you move arm bones. arm should move too.

If rigging is correct, you can use the geometry object to copy rigging from.

the skeleton should always be located in a .global branch (before you import anything else and when you export .ydd files).
"Skeletal model" should always be toggled on when you export.

It is essential to import proper skeleton for your model (multiplayer model, ped model and player model use different skeletons).
JayPD12

Post by JayPD12 »

I have a .global with skeleton, is my actual eup part suppose to go inside the .global or were you just referring to make sure there was a skeleton?

Do you know how to veirfy if my skeleton is a player or ped model skeleto?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope, the .global with .skel is after you import an original .yft file. You rename imported branch to .global
From that moment on you import original .ydd file and every .ydd file you import will create its own branch in hierarchy, but it will use .skel from .global (there will be no other skeleton created in scene).

in general, you can verify whether skeleton is correct or not by moving/rotating limbs with "Setup mode" toggled off. if you see correct rigging, you can relay on this skeleton.
JayPD12

Post by JayPD12 »

So Just to confirm:

1. import a full ped YFT (like s_m_y_cop_01 whatever it is)
2. Rename the name of the imported branch to .global (which contains the skeleton inside)
3. Import my ydd (which is a shirt in my case)
4. Test deformities with setup mode off
5. Reset transformation

And then it will be good for export.

Do I need to turn inverse kinematics on before messing with my skeleton to check for deformities, or does only setup mode have to be off?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no, when you "import and test" nothing will change actually. On step #4 you need to import an original game model too and copy rigging from original geometry onto your own geometry. then you can test rigging and export.
JayPD12

Post by JayPD12 »

Ok so import a original game ped, and then copy the rigging.

Can I still weigh the shirt to something else? Or does the weighing have to be weighed to the game ped also
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I"m not actually getting what exactly you need to do. The .ydd component contains one or several .mesh geometries. Your own modified .mesh object must be rigged to the skeleton. the best option to rig is to copy rigging data from original geometry model. You copy rigging from the "most alike" geometry object, so if you need to rig a modded shirt, pick the "upper torso" model of original model to copy rigging from it. If you need to rig pants, use lower torso original model. Before you import any (original) rigged component, your scene should have .global with .skel in it.

Your rigged .mesh object should also be bind to .skel located in .global branch. the Select\Mark tool (to mark skeleton) and rigging\skeleton\Bind tool do this together.

if you have any problems in game with modified model, record a video, it will give much more info. for example, I can't see anything on the screenshot you've attached above - it's small and I don't see any details or defects there.
JayPD12

Post by JayPD12 »

I’m esentially just trying to export a shirt and trying to make it work with EUP. For the screenshot, its suppose to show the hands not being connected to the shirt. I binded the shirt to the .skel but rigged it to the another shirt. I used another shirt to weight this new shirt.

When you say upper torso model, do you just mean another shirt or the upper part of the skeleton?

I will try to record my next attempt.