Export breaks items in vehicle

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
hrag205

Export breaks items in vehicle

Post by hrag205 »

Hi Oleg, i have a vehicle model i am working with from LSPDFR's DEV section and i have exported it to OPENIV. Components like the computer is not sitting the way it should be in Zmodeler the way i exported it. Tested it in GTA V and not only the computer is doing that but the a body shell of the vehicle is sitting on top of the car in the air.

Can you help me with this since i have attempted to do research and also looked on here and using some keyword(s) but i can't find the solution and i am still not sure what is causing this. Thanks in advance
Attachments
This is what OPENIV sees
This is what OPENIV sees
How it should look from Zmodeler3
How it should look from Zmodeler3
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Export breaks items in vehicle

Post by Oleg »

I would suggest to re-import your model back into ZModeler and take a look parts are where they supposed to be or misplaced. In rare case, you might have an object name conflict when some part names produces the same hash value as another part and the hierarchy can get messy. Avoid duplicate object names too, it can cause problems.

Concerning the game issue - make sure you always export model_hi.yft and model.yft files - they have to be updated together if you make any changes.
hrag205

Post by hrag205 »

Hi Oleg, thanks for your help on that, i was able to change the name of a couple of items that had the same names and properly imported the yft files. However i have made a piece in the back of the car using a new 'create box' tool on Z3 but the piece in game does not stick but falls down in the car.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you need to add "missing part", you should use "Dummy helper" button on primitives panel. It will create an empty object that still can be used in hierarchy (whilst it has no geometry and invisible in game).