ped import probleme

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
aaaaa

ped import probleme

Post by aaaaa »

i have probleme that there are some peds when i import it, it get these black outlines and i can't delete/moving it, it just like get bugging
Attachments
bf011837cae4c0a0b11f45504a494bb6.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ped import probleme

Post by Oleg »

the model was likely loaded with no "optimize vertices" option toggled.

And I'm not sure I get what you mean by "i can't delete/moving it" ? may you provide some screenshots that shows what exactly is wrong?
aaaaa

Post by aaaaa »

if i loaded it with "optimize vertices" or without it still get the same thing, what i mean by not moving not exacly i can't move it, but i mean like when i move that pixel or i don't know what to call it lol it don't get stretch it just get cut off instantly
Attachments
ae199657270f98d26229534f92d1dfaf.png
ae199657270f98d26229534f92d1dfaf.png (66.9 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The wireframe on your geometry object is solid bold, meaning all these edges are cut. Every triangle in your geometry object literally uses it's own three vertices, triangles do not share vertices. That's why you can move every triangle away.
And, this is not a proper model setup, because of excessive vertices count and vertices buffer size.

The "optimize vertices" option on import of FBX, DAE and OBJ models will avoid this problem in a very first place - when you import the model for the first time.

In certain cases, vertices still can't be combined together if they hold different date inside. Sharing position (point location) is not enough, ZModeler can weld vertices if they are absolutely unique. This includes per-vertex normal, per-vertex UV mapping (on UV#1, UV#2 if available, etc), per-vertex color, tangent direction and rigging weights. If any of these differ on points, these points are are not merged. However, I haven't seen the model that suffers such a problem actually.

If you have already loaded a model, you can let ZModeler weld vertices that I considers matching. Do so by switching an object to vertices level, selecting All vertices and using "Modify\Submesh\Weld" tool. Toggle a "Multiple targets" option first, then click on any of selected vertices to apply the tool. A flyout window will appear . Specify 0 distance tolerance, 0 UV distance tolerance and something like 40-60 for normals angle tolerance.
aaaaa

Post by aaaaa »

thanks man the tool helped and i got a full fix by using it i hope u have a nice day sir.

i use vertices distane 1, uv toerlance 0, normale angle 40 and got full fix with no any problemes
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vertices distance should be 0 or 0.000001.
uv distance could be 1, but you can mess UV mapping in some cases, so using 0 or 0.00001 on uv distance is a good choice too.