Error because too big yft file

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
oskar_5m

Error because too big yft file

Post by oskar_5m »

I export a 3d model from zmodeler to my fivem server. in open iv all is fine.
so when the fivem server start the resource "ambulance", there is a yellow text. normally it have be blue.
and then when i spawn the vehicle, my fivem chrash and i get a mistake report.
so i think that the yft file is too big and i have to compress it or so...
can anybody help?
thank you a lot in advance

YFT File Size: 14,7 Mb
Attachments
mistakecode.png
Screenshot 2021-11-17 203346.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Error because too big yft file

Post by Oleg »

If I"m not mistaken, problem occurs when .yft file exceeds 13,6 mb (or 16,3, can't remember which of them). I suggest to convert to dummies several parts so with reduced geometry file size drops below 13.5 Mb. If the model will start working fine on this size, then the model file size IS the problem. If you still get crash on a file 13Mb and less, then something is wrong with the model itself.
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

the problem is, when i convert the objects to dummys, they are mostly half or all away?
and also i cant spawn the car when i replace object as dummies.
i know that the car is function and the bluelight on top. i had spawn them seperate. so i have to reduce the file size but with the dummies the game chrashes and there is no errorcode, nothing, fivem is closed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

well, may be replace with dummies is not the best way to test the idea; instead, on polygons level of some parts (one part after another) use Select\Single, Select\Invert, then use Delete. So, just single triangle is left instead of a part. Then export and test in game. The idea is to retain your objects hierarchy (and collisions) and drop file size to (for example) 10Mb. Once you reach the goal - check in game whether your mod works or not. If it keep crashing the game, then file size is not likely the main problem.
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

yeah, i remove all polygons except one triangle of the bodyshell object and i can spawn the car but i dont see the whole object(bodyshell) ingame with i delete polygons from.
so now we know that the file size is the problem and now what can i do?
maybe i can put together many polygons to one or so?.
Last edited by oskar_5m on Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if the file size is the problem, you should reduce polygon count on your model. this is not something that is done in ZModeler in most of cases. Yes you can delete some geometry fragments that are not needed, e.g. under the hood, in vehicle interior etc. But in most of cases you should either use a lower-detail model as a base in a first place, or use mesh optimization tools in some other package (Blender, 3dsMax etc)
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

Is there no other way in zmodeler too reduce the file?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt. If you have access to blender/3dsmax/maya tools, to can rely on them.
make sure to use DAE or FBX as intermediate format.
Note, you can convert (optimize and bring back) one part at a time. So, you can deal with geometry only in 3dsmax/maya and retain hierarchy and materials setup in ZModeler.
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

The problem is that the export and import work not perfectly. Is there any other way?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope. either pick a lower-detailed model at the fist place, or optimize geometry on your converted model. optimizing one object at a time (one object being exported/imported) could be the choice.
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

okay, now i am finish with that. thank you!
but i have one more question, how can i merge polygons from two different objects to one object?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

in case result object will not exceed 64K vertices, you can use Modify\Attach tool to do this. Mind to check vertices count after attaching - if you hit the limit, polygons will get messed (even if you don't spot it in 3D, they are always messed when limit is hit).
oskar_5m

Post by oskar_5m »

thank you a lot i solved the problem