Questions about the production of NON ELS alarm lights

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
jcnmxc123

Questions about the production of NON ELS alarm lights

Post by jcnmxc123 »

Regarding the size of the texture and the position of ZM3 processing NON ELS, what is the size of the texture to be scaled? A fixed size? How to scale exactly? Is there any relevant tutorial? Thank you for the good people who know can tell me? My English may not be very good!
Deadspin
Beginner

Re: Questions about the production of NON ELS alarm lights

Post by Deadspin »

I'm not following.

Texture should be simple, as small as possible (512x512 or less), and then you map the light mesh onto it.

Do you mean scaling the mesh itself? That's up to you and directly correlates to the carcols sirens entry for the vehicle and what the scale is defined as in that document.

Towards the bottom of any individual siren entry there is a SCALE=TRUE value and then a SCALEFACTOR value.

The Scale Factor determines how much it's going to scale the mesh up when the light flashes. So a factor of 2 would mean you need to reduce the emissive by 50% or, if you're like me, a factor of 100 means your reduce the emissive to 0.1 using the scale tool.

Many people do it one of two ways. There are some youtube videos highlighting basic siren creation for non-els.
[Lore and 3rd Party Emergency Vehicles | Custom Ped/EUP]