On the problem of vehicle collision

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.

On the problem of vehicle collision

Post by 1449473646 »

In the game, my car found that the vehicle would pass through the wall and fall out of the map. I suspect that the value of the parameter "e" of the collision body is set incorrectly.

If it is the problem of the colliding body parameter "e", how should the four values of the colliding body parameter "e" be defined?

Is the value of "mass" set according to the value of "e" or random?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: On the problem of vehicle collision

Post by Oleg »

I don't know much on collisions and whether flags value must have "E" on chassis (in most of cases A and E both set on chassis flags). Vehicle falling through the ground is likely a messed or bad collision on a model - and most likely the "chassis [COL]". Get the one from any original vehicle, just to be sure the geometry and settings for COL object are fine.

if still no luck, you can duplicate geometry for chassis collision, pick properties of the object and expand "mesh->vertices->format" branch. Toggle on "deformable" for one of objects and set it off for the copy. then "Group" both objects into one chassis [COL] and convert it to compound. this is a so-called "double collisions" fix for problematic COL objects. It is mostly used for complex collision volumes like boats or planes where player can step in or step into, but on some vehicles it does a trick to solve collision-related issues too.

Re: On the problem of vehicle collision

Post by 1449473646 »

Thank you very much for your answer, but I'm a novice and don't know how to operate. Is there any picture teaching?