Problem with YDD files

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Dani493h

Problem with YDD files

Post by Dani493h »

Hey, I've been experiencing issues with a badge replacement, it kept on moving seperately from the body, this would normally point towards a rigging issue but after trying to fix it that way I went to narrow down the issue, I used the original file and imported it into zmodeler, and exporting it without modifying anything, however the issue was still present, this leads me to either the issue being with the importing or exporting of the model, any help would be appreciated
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Problem with YDD files

Post by Oleg »

In general, import and export of YDD file only is a bad scenario. You should import YDD file into a scene that has correct skeleton loaded (YFT file). Perfectly, it should be renamed to .global before you import YDD file (so an importer will try to check for .skel located in .global).

It could be possible to import/export YDD file only when dealing with player head components, as it contains full skeleton like YFT file does. But I could be wrong here too.

Also, check in:
Settings->Profile->Editor:
Preferences->Filters->GTARage->MaxBones

value should be something like 180. Older versions used 128 and it's not good for YDD modding.