How to fix floating peds?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Trivvn

How to fix floating peds?

Post by Trivvn »

I've got a model of sirenhead in-game and it's floating. Not sure how or why. I've spent way too long getting the rigging to work properly to start over since everything is perfect except that he's floating 1 meter off the ground.

I've watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANR70u1LhdI several times. I have successfully used what it attempts to teach many times with scaling peds. For whatever reason, this one model doesn't want to cooperate.

I have:
-Reset every combination of pivots to the world with numerous tests in between each reset and nothing has changed with any reset (including the root node, the abcd_000_r nodes, the .mesh nodes, the skeleton root node)
-Reset .mesh nodes to parent nodes.
-Lowered the whole model down several meters in a fuck-it attempt to get *anything* to change. This did get the mesh to mess up the rigging a bit at the shoulders but didn't move the model an inch. I lowered the skeleton down as well, which fixed the rigging but left the model floating up a meter all the same
-lowered the root node of the entire thing, tested it like that, got nothing. Reset the pivot afterwards and tested that, same nothing as before.

What defines the ground position offset in a PED? Is there any way to change the offset or is it a "one-shot only, you're fucked if it didn't work, start over" situation?
Trivvn

Re: How to fix floating peds?

Post by Trivvn »

I've redone the setup and it's still not working. I've tried re-assigning the skeleton from a default PED as well and re-weighting with that and it's still floating. This would imply that it's somehow the obj file itself that the model is coming from but I can't see any difference there that would cause it.

Anyone have any ideas for something I might have overlooked? I've done a couple dozen custom peds now and this is the only one that's not cooperating