Zmodeler 3 GIMS

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
quechus13
Beginner

Zmodeler 3 GIMS

Post by quechus13 »

Hello!
I have a question, why does Zmodeler not import some GIMS exported YDDs?
It says corrupted file and sometimes it imports them but splits the model even though its not even 1K polygons?
I wonder why this happens, I prefer to rig in 3ds max, export to Zmodeler then do the cloth stuff there, rigging in Zmodeler isn't really as good as 3DS MAX so that's why I prefer it this way.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmodeler 3 GIMS

Post by Oleg »

hmm... in general, ZModeler should import externally-created .ydd files. In particular, OpenIV creates .ydd files from open formats and these files are good to import (in case these are not "Locked"). Any other alternation of files is not known to be supported well, so ZModeler reports this error on suspicious files. This in particular is used to prevent unlocked files to be imported into ZModeler.

Consider using "FBX" as intermediate transit of rigged meshes between 3dsMax and ZModeler. It is likely materials setup will not be retained properly, but setting up materials is much easier than set up rigging.
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

Using FBX completely rotates the model and seems to confuse rigging weights.
I struggle quite a bit with Zmodeler and its really unfortunate its the only app with Dynamic cloth capabilities.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you can rotate the model back and reset its axes. also, you can reload original skeleton from .yft file. The imported FBX geometry is expected to retain rigging/weight properly. When you bind the rigged model to the new skeleton, it will assign proper bones of new skeleton instead of bones of old skeleton (matching by name). So even if wrong/rotated or even messed skeleton got loaded from .fbx file, assign the correct one from .yft file and rigging to proper bones should get restored automatically.
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

I did that and it still puts weights in the wrong bones, Spine 3 is put into a different bone.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

once you import a FBX model, it should come up with a skeleton. does rigged model contain proper weight onto this skeleton?
qwertyu

Post by qwertyu »

Try to use codewalker export the ydd to xml and replace data2 with data and import it to ydd before import it to zmodeler3
qwertyu

Post by qwertyu »

Try to use codewalker export the ydd to xml and replace data2 with data and import it to ydd before import it to zmodeler3