vehicle addon parts

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Panda_builds

vehicle addon parts

Post by Panda_builds »

Hi does anyone have or can point me the direction of a tutorial where they add addon parts (extra bumpers exhaust that sort of thing) to the vehicle been looking all day and can't find a thing.

Thanks in advance panda
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: vehicle addon parts

Post by Oleg »

this is generally related to vechicle's metadata files.
Panda_builds

Post by Panda_builds »

ah i see in carcols but how do I go about positioning them so they attach in the correct place. say I wanted them on the back of the roof would I do that in zmoddler
Panda_builds

Post by Panda_builds »

also how would i shape something to follow body line or would I need to do that in 3ds max
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Perfectly, make 3D assets in 3dsMax and prepare them for export in ZModeler. Recently added FBX filter can bring models in/from 3dsMax with all UV channels and color data.
Jacobmaate

Post by Jacobmaate »

Panda_builds wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:53 am how do I go about positioning them so they attach in the correct place.
This is determined through a mix of model and meta data attributes - The axis of the mesh will be the point where the mesh attaches to a specified "bone" in carcols.

For instance, let's say you want to put a spoiler on the roof of a car, you'd put your spoiler where you want it to be positioned on the model in zmodeler, and find a relevant bone you want it to be attached to, such as the bodyshell. You'd then put the mesh under the 'bodyshell' and reset it's axis to parent (so it now matches the bodyshell). Now you'll need to go to carcols to add the meta data for this tuning part, and you'll see a tag called "<bone>", this is where you want to specify "bodyshell", so the game knows to attach it to the bodyshell, so when it's in-game, it displayed where it needs to be.

I hope this helps with your issue, and wishing you the best of luck with your modding endeavours!

Best Regards,
Jacobmaate
Lore Friendly Modder // EUP & RDE Developer