Weld tool not working

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
undead788

Weld tool not working

Post by undead788 »

I am having a problem using the weld tool. The first time I used the weld tool it worked but I noticed after going in game it messed up the uv maps so I tried to do it again but it wont work anymore. I have went into the weld options and turned on multiple targets and selected the vertices that I want to group. I checked using the separated tool to see if it connected after using the weld tool but it still shows that the vertices are separated. I am still new to ZModeler so I don't know how all of the tools are supposed to work. It is a cape and I am trying to connect both sides of the vertices.

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Weld tool not working

Post by Oleg »

you can not weld vertices that are facing different sides and use different uV mapping on them.
if your .cloth object is accurate and inner/outer side vertices of cloth-simulated mesh are not precisely one on another (move them a bit toward / backward), there should be no problems.

on your video the cloth is flipped inside out because of bad cloth physics animation (may be .cloth object is not that good). This is not a "backside" going through "front side", since all polygons are not double-sided actually. I mean, the "red" inner side will not appear through the green outside polygon in game unless it is flipped to face the outerside.
undead788

Post by undead788 »

Oleg wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:18 pm you can not weld vertices that are facing different sides and use different uV mapping on them.
if your .cloth object is accurate and inner/outer side vertices of cloth-simulated mesh are not precisely one on another (move them a bit toward / backward), there should be no problems.

on your video the cloth is flipped inside out because of bad cloth physics animation (may be .cloth object is not that good). This is not a "backside" going through "front side", since all polygons are not double-sided actually. I mean, the "red" inner side will not appear through the green outside polygon in game unless it is flipped to face the outerside.
Ok Thanks! I just have one more issue that's not related to this one. When I apply textures to some models it doesn't apply it to the whole model. Is there anyway to fix this?

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

is your screenshot related to the question? On a screenshot you can see the single-side render of cape geometry. that's how the game will render it too. to make it double-sided, you need to duplicate polygons and flip the, with modify\flip tool.
undead788

Post by undead788 »

Oleg wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:43 am is your screenshot related to the question? On a screenshot you can see the single-side render of cape geometry. that's how the game will render it too. to make it double-sided, you need to duplicate polygons and flip the, with modify\flip tool.
Ok thanks! That’s all I needed to know.