when

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
rockbergema

when

Post by rockbergema »

when
Last edited by rockbergema on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: when the close-up of the character is good and when I look away the result is chaotic in the 2nd image. please help

Post by Oleg »

I suppose something should be changed in a metadata file for this character, so highest LOD (level of detail) is shown for greater distances. Unfortunately, I don't know anything on how metadata files are edited.

Just in case I didn't got your problem right, you should record a video showing what exactly is wrong. Your first screen is from the game, your second screen is from ZModeler, so I can't be sure I could see the problem this way.
rockbergema

Re: when

Post by rockbergema »

I CHANGED
Last edited by rockbergema on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: when the close-up of the character is good and when I look away the result is chaotic in the 2nd image. please help

Post by Oleg »

Hi.
I'm on laptop device and don't have the game here for any tests. Just two quick tests for your mod:
1. make a mod with no changes to .yft file (keep original), even if it doesn't fit your 3D model (.ydd). Test whether distance problem is still there?

2. export your .ydd file from Open IV to "OpenFormats" and then import it back to OpenIV to re-construct .ydd file. Does this make any changes in game related to distance problem?
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

Oleg wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:58 pm Hi.
I'm on laptop device and don't have the game here for any tests. Just two quick tests for your mod:
1. make a mod with no changes to .yft file (keep original), even if it doesn't fit your 3D model (.ydd). Test whether distance problem is still there?

2. export your .ydd file from Open IV to "OpenFormats" and then import it back to OpenIV to re-construct .ydd file. Does this make any changes in game related to distance problem?

and this is the result if the yft file uses the original file, please give me the video tutorial so that I don't get lost in this
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

rockbergema wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:13 pm and this is the result if the yft file uses the original file, please give me the video tutorial so that I don't get lost in this
it is OK to have such a result with original YFT file. The idea of the test was to verify whether "Distance" problem occurs or not. Do you have the same problem on distance with your ped as before? don't mind the geometry being stretched and messed like on your screenshot, it's ok because of skeleton size mismatching currently.
rockbergema

Re: when

Post by rockbergema »

[quote=
Last edited by rockbergema on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockbergema

Re: Hey OLeg

Post by rockbergema »

OK
Last edited by rockbergema on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yet I still think you should edit the metadata file for the ped to specify LOD distance... I think it is possible to force the game use the highest LOD for bigger render distance.

I personally do not create any mods neither could know the reason for such a bug other than something being related to LOD distances. Assuming all LOD distances I'm aware of inside .ydd file are set correct, there might be some external definitions on what game renders on certain distances. Given your test with original .yft file, I assume the modified .yft file is not the cause of the problem. Also, is your ped made as .mesh component on "head" branch? the game could toggle off accessories components on distance I suppose.

I can not make you a video to solve the problem, because I have no exact solution for your issue. ZModeler is provided as-is, please do not consider it as game editor that generates bug-free model files for the game. Quite a lot fragments inside model file are unknown, even more - the whole exported file is never guaranteed to work properly in game. Take it as-is.

If it could work out (don't know whether the "working" model on your video is locked or not), I would suggest to export both models to OpenFormats and make a quick search for "LOD" or "distance" keyword inside unpacked files, just to compare. It is possible the "working" model was created with "3dsMax -> GIMs -> OpenFormats" chain. Also, if the "working" model comes as a mod, inspect the mod file contents - beside the .yft and .ydd file it could contain other files like .ymt - may be the key to this issue is inside this file.