how to make GTA5 characters big or small, the tutorial on the youtube video of the zmodeller team is very messy, please

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
rockbergema

how to make GTA5 characters big or small, the tutorial on the youtube video of the zmodeller team is very messy, please

Post by rockbergema »

how to make GTA5 characters big or small, the tutorial on the youtube video of the zmodeller team is very messy, please help from zero to completion
https://youtu.be/ANR70u1LhdI
The youtube link above is misleading and does not match the current version
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: how to make GTA5 characters big or small, the tutorial on the youtube video of the zmodeller team is very messy, ple

Post by Oleg »

There are no difference on ZModeler version. The video shows correct scenario, may be some UI differences in colors of squares of hierarchy view. The rest should be the same.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: how to make GTA5 characters big or small, the tutorial on the youtube video of the zmodeller team is very messy, ple

Post by Oleg »

Also, another user had the same feeling on the video/guide and it was discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12864
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

1. I imported the YFT file
2. Change to .global
3. add a box in the area under the feet
4. change the .skel to edit mode
5. I disabled .global, .skel, and skel root,
6. I press alt in the skel child positions, namely skel_pelvis, skel_spin_root, and ik_root until the three skel children are red in the next box
6. I activate the auto button at the bottom and I drag it to take the whole of the three children of the skel
7. I deactivate the auto button and I click Scala, then I fill 300 and I press all, and I'm ok
8. Then there was an enlargement of 300 in the 3 skel children
8 after that I deactivated everything and I imported the ydd file
9. After that I LO to bring up the ydd file
10. I activate the box (ground) until it is red, after that I lower it below the center of the axis until it is under the feet, after that I deactivate the box ground again.
11. I activate all the .mesh in the ydd file.
after that I reactivate the auto button until it turns yellow and I scala the entire .mest, after that I change the size to 300 as well as the three skel children and I press ok
12. after that I press the right mouse and I select axes then I select reset to word, after that I press on the head material on the screen and I'm ok,
13 after that I changed the .global to the same name as the ydd file and I tried to export it to the ytd file and the ydd file and I entered it into open IV and I tried running it on gta 5
14. and it turns out that the results are messy,

information: I have followed such a video tutorial, as if there is something wrong with this software, if this software is normal, try to prove it to me step by step. If it turns out that those who have the software cannot provide information and methods in writing, it means that there is indeed something wrong with the software,

please reply to this message and provide a solution
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

send me your original (good working) .yft and .ydd files. I do not have the game on my computer, but I'll make the rescale step by step.

currently it looks not good to me that you use "Auto" button to select stuff as well as you use Alt+click in hierarchy view. You should use either of them but not together. if you've selected something in hierarchy view, you should toggle off Auto button, so the (scale) tool will apply to selected nodes only. Automatic selection can easily catch some other objects that are not supposed to be touched.

second, when you export the .ydd file, your skeleton must be inside .global branch. So, you have to rename branch to .global, so it contains .skel. Ans this is not the branch that is exported into .ydd file, the matching (by name) branch should have .mesh objects in respective branch names (like uppr_0, etc.)
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

Is my step in my comment wrong?
if wrong please provide a very correct tutorial step by step

respond to your comments above

I have done this, I tried to press the little box beside .global ( yft ) and in the ydd file until it turned red but after I pressed the scala for and I tried to press ctrl or shift it still didn't work to scale everything, unless I pressed the button auto until it turns yellow and I hold down the right mouse and I drag all parts of the character to change the scale size, this is what makes me messed up, you better make the latest video and post it to this forum so that we don't get lost,

this is still the basic learning stage, you know? many are confused and do not work. How to go to a more detailed stage if the basic stage is already messed up ??

please help so that this software becomes correct and I will be a loyal customer of this software.

This is the original file I gave the ig_bankman character to you

note please discuss thoroughly friends so that we all become loyal customers
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

Is my step in my comment wrong?
if wrong please provide a very correct tutorial step by step

respond to your comments above

I have done this, I tried to press the little box beside .global and in the ydd file until it turned red but after I pressed the scala for and I tried to press ctrl or shift it still didn't work to scale everything, unless I pressed the button auto until it turns yellow and I hold down the right mouse and I drag all parts of the character to change the scale size, this is what makes me messed up, you better make the latest video and post it to this forum so that we don't get lost,

answer questions from you about including the ydd file in. Global that I have done from the beginning in your video very clearly explains that. and no problem, all is well

this is still the basic learning stage, you know? many are confused and do not work. How to go to a more detailed stage if the basic stage is already messed up ??

please help so that this software becomes correct and I will be a loyal customer of this software.

This is the original file I gave the ig_bankman character to you

My advice is that you should make the latest video about this tutorial, now from here you can explain step by step so that we can all understand it up to 100%.

there is no other way to speed up your tutorial, friend,
if it repeats, it will lose time to just understand the basics,

and so that this does not become a dilemma for us, because we want to be loyal customers at this zmodeller3

note please discuss thoroughly friends so that we all become loyal customers
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I haven't asked for original bankman model, I have it already. I've asked for the model you are working with. To ensure the model is correctly rigged in a first place. If the model is not rigged properly, you will not get correct result in game. you can send a download link as private message if you don't want it to be public available.

meanwhile, there is a guide on ZModeler2 that is very alike to ZModeler3, just some UI tweaks. It worth to be studied
http://www.zmodeler2.com/docs/program/l ... tents.html
rockbergema

Post by rockbergema »

what I do is the ig_bankman model according to your video. this is not the character but the problem is with the zmodeller3, there are some that do not work, actually the answer is very easy, you only need no more than 5 minutes to make the tutorial, this disease will be resolved, as long as you don't make the tutorial then we will all be stuck with your old video which is very misleading /

see my short video how it doesn't work if the auto button is not pressed it turns yellow, then after pressing the scale button what happens ????? and there is no slightest reaction when you want to add numbers or reduce these numbers to make changes, either increasing or decreasing.

no more than 5 minutes to make a video tutorial on this, if you intend to help us seriously

please watch my video, am I wrong or the software is wrong

please give a reply
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no.. you are missing the point.
you need to scale entire skeleton with everything selected. I use "Shift+A" hotkey to select "All" and "Shift+D" to "De-select" all. That's why it is not seen explicitly in a video.

Also, after selecting (but before scaling) in a video I remind to toggle ON "Setup mode", may be some edit-cut on a video is done, I don't remember. But: you need to toggle ON "Setup Mode" on a skeleton object (on .skel) node, do this when nothing is selected. Then select everything (Shift+A), toggle off "pivot" button, position of purple X-cross will not affect the pivoting point of scale. then toggle off "Automatic" mode, so you don't need to hover anything and click anywhere in viewport with Scale tool picked. The Scale tool will act and apply itself to everything selected. Since you clicked and not dragged (non-interactive method), the tool will ask for scale factor with flyout window. Toggle "All axes" first. Then specify 300 as scale value. press OK.

the Alt+click selecton on three bones is used to Move these bones. when skeleton is resized, it have to reach with foot bones the old "ground" level. Moving three selected bones (with all of their children) will move all skeleton bones to desired vertical position but will keep .skel and SKEL_ROOT in its original position (0,0,0).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

your video is 360p, I can barely see what's there. may be I've missed some more things there.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The "Pivot" button should be toggled On and pivot should be at 0,0,0 point when using "Scale" on skeleton. You can put pivot to 0,0,0 with viewport's menu "Pivot->Reset to origin". On original youtube video enabled pivot has small "red" light when it's ON and it turns off when button is off. It is barely seen, so in modern version this red glow is bigger and brighter, so it is clearly seen when Pivot button is On or Off.

so far, that's the only difference to original video.

here's a video on how it should go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9giBTgi2Y