How do I Embed a Texture?

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
undead788

How do I Embed a Texture?

Post by undead788 »

Hello, I am new to ZModeler and I need help with embedding a texture. I added a texture using the material browser and it shows the texture on the model in ZModeler but when I go to Openiv and open the ydd file it shows the model as white. It shows the texture on the model in game just not in Openiv. How do I fix this?
Attachments
Openiv
Openiv
ZModeler
ZModeler
Jacobmaate

Re: How do I Embed a Texture?

Post by Jacobmaate »

Hello undead788,

to embedd a texture to a model in zmodeler, you need to add the textures you want embedded to a "texture group" with the same name as the model you're going to be exporting.
If you go to the texture browser, on the top right you'll see list of texture groups, click the "NEW GROUP" button and rename this group to the name of the mesh you'll be exporting (in my case, it's "hand_002_u.ydd" as you'll see on the Hierarchy list on the right of this screenshot - also remember to include the file extension in that texture group name (e.g. .YDD))

You can now add the textures you want embedding to this texture group, and then use the Mateiral Brower to ensure that these texture group textures are assigned to your materials. When you export the model, the message bar should let you know that your model has been exported with x amount of embedded textures like so:

I hope this helps with your issue, and wishing you the best of luck with your modding endeavours!

Best Regards,
Jacobmaate
Lore Friendly Modder // EUP & RDE Developer
undead788

Re: How do I Embed a Texture?

Post by undead788 »

Thank you!