[Researching] Possibility of making a controllable Sunroof

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
Thero

[Researching] Possibility of making a controllable Sunroof

Post by Thero »

Hoping someone can help with this.

So I am trying to see if it is possible to make a controllable sunroof (Meaning you can open and close it) using the "scoop" dummy and properties.

Attached is a screenshot of what I have so far. When I try it in game it doesn't react to the keybindings to get it to open as well as it isn't sitting in a stationary position. What I mean by that is it opens and closes with the moment of the car. So if I start to accelerate the sunroof opens and when I slam on the breaks it closes itself again.

Anyone familiar with this to know if this is something that is possible and if so how to accomplish it? Scoop is usually defined at a Rotation property and I'm hoping that doesn't have to be the case as nothing will rotate/slide correctly

Thanks for your time and help
Thero
Attachments
unknown.png
DubShift

Re: [Researching] Possibility of making a controllable Sunroof

Post by DubShift »

You can maybe change the Flags to E instead of ABE. That might work.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: [Researching] Possibility of making a controllable Sunroof

Post by Oleg »

if I"m not mistaken, Flags = A enables rotation on bone, E enables offset/translation. AE is for both.

I would suggest to import original Van model with sliding door and grab settings from the door. Also the SlideZ with "0, negtive_value" looks incorrect to me. It should be "negative_value, 0".