Error "err_sys_invalidresource_5"

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
OneSpeaks

Error "err_sys_invalidresource_5"

Post by OneSpeaks »

I just came across game-error "err_sys_invalidresource_5" and don't know what to do. Some say that delete BASE in user defined options but there isn't anything.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Error "err_sys_invalidresource_5"

Post by Oleg »

what is your zmodeler version (shown on top in title bar) ?
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

3.2.0 (Build 1182) Sir.
kitsune269

Post by kitsune269 »

If you changed materials or made adjustments that are a big enough change from what the model originally was, and its a default or custom vehicle, it probably IS the base.
If its a new model being rigged for the game, it could be a lot of things. I will assume you are editing a model thats already working in game. Import the regular and _hi files, make your changes. Then make sure you have L0 checked but NOT col. Select/highlight the entire model. Everything. In the hierarchy you should see all the boxes are 'square checked' except col related items. Now click properties tab. Then double click user defined options. In the popup box it should say BASE. Click base and delete it. Then click okay, then click apply. Now try exporting your _hi and then you lods. I had this error a LOT when I first started and it was because of making changes and the base value becoming wrong.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

there should be no errors related to "BASE" in recent ZModeler versions. It is recommended to get the latest version 3.2.0.1184 just to be sure you certainly have the latest version.
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Kitsune269, no base pops up in the User-Defined options, so it shouldn't be the problem. I think I will just stop with this model, can't add any interior parts just because everything gives an error code ingame. But thank you :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

give a quick test by importing and exporting a model with no changes. it should give no error in this scenario.
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Oleg, I have tried that way too many times. It just doesn't work. Somethings off.