Error when starting game.

GTA:V Modding with ZModeler3 discussion.
OneSpeaks

Error when starting game.

Post by OneSpeaks »

Hey, I made a 2016 FPIU for LSPDFR and every time I spawn it ingame I get either errorcode ""err_sys_invalidresource_5"" or "err_str_failure_3" What could be the cause? My car's a christmastree so it would be really annoying to restart all over again so looking for a solution here.
kitsune269

Re: Error when starting game.

Post by kitsune269 »

OneSpeaks wrote:Hey, I made a 2016 FPIU for LSPDFR and every time I spawn it ingame I get either errorcode ""err_sys_invalidresource_5"" or "err_str_failure_3" What could be the cause? My car's a christmastree so it would be really annoying to restart all over again so looking for a solution here.
Invalid code 5 is usually related to your models BASE value being too far off. You can try selecting the entire model (not the COL), then switching to properties, double click user defined options, then delete the BASE in the box that pops up. Then click okey on the box, then apply over in properties. Now you should be able to export your _hi and LODs without error 5. Error 3 is usually related to your LOD file in my experience anyway. Try fixing the base first, then if that does not work check your hierarchy and materials.
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Okay. I am tracking down the issue and it is due to bad model or bad LODing in my part. And don't know why but I can't get the BASE value to pop up in the user defined options for some reason.
tall70
Amateur

Post by tall70 »

If you think it's a lods related, remove them to test, maybe start with keeping l0, L1, L2 only . At least it will isolate object having this problem. It seems it happens often to have exceeded poly limits for lods.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The most recent update of the filter should not give you "Base" value on import (and will ignore it on export). Redownload the latest copy from the website and re-export your model.
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

So I have done a lot of experimenting. I have come to a conclusion: If I have rambar AND 4 other lights, game crashes and error message is "err_str_failure_3". It works when I REMOVE the rambar and LEAVE the 4 lights inplace or REMOVE the 4 lights and LEAVE rambar inplace, then it works smoothly. Only reason I could think it isn't working is because with 4 lights and rambar the filesize passes 12kb. Is that the cause or is my programs acting strange or...? The "err_sys_invalidresource_5" error was due to a big letter in hierarchy.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

If I'm not mistaken, err_str_failure_3 is related to a missing hierarchy component (that is referred from vehicle's metadata file but is missing in the model). Have you tried to replace rambar and all lights with just dummy nodes to test hierarchy?
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Oleg wrote:If I'm not mistaken, err_str_failure_3 is related to a missing hierarchy component (that is referred from vehicle's metadata file but is missing in the model). Have you tried to replace rambar and all lights with just dummy nodes to test hierarchy?
No I have not. How do you do that as I am not that good at ZModeler3 to know all this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

right-click on an object in hierarchy and pick "convert to dummy".
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Oleg wrote:right-click on an object in hierarchy and pick "convert to dummy".
So I converted the rambar and lights into dummies and they converted without any hiccups. (Do I need to use it in the game or just convert to dummies in zmodeler3...?) And just to make sure, I mean "lights" as the estetical part of the light. The lights work perfect on the car. Just the estetical things do not.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the idea was to retain the hierarchy (all objects/parts are still there), but the visual geometry component will be missing. So, after converting mentioned parts to dummies, you are supposed to export scene and test in game.

Also, it is a good idea to load original game model (the one you replace with your mod) and make a list of all hierarchy names on a note. Then load your scene and ensure every part from original list is available in your modded scene hierarchy. Missing part can cause problems. Also, place some marks (dot, cross, etc.) next to part names that have COL (collision). A missing collision for some part in your modded scene could cause the game crash too.
OneSpeaks

Post by OneSpeaks »

Oleg wrote:the idea was to retain the hierarchy (all objects/parts are still there), but the visual geometry component will be missing. So, after converting mentioned parts to dummies, you are supposed to export scene and test in game.

Also, it is a good idea to load original game model (the one you replace with your mod) and make a list of all hierarchy names on a note. Then load your scene and ensure every part from original list is available in your modded scene hierarchy. Missing part can cause problems. Also, place some marks (dot, cross, etc.) next to part names that have COL (collision). A missing collision for some part in your modded scene could cause the game crash too.
Tested as dummies and worked. All collisions in place. If I was missing some part of hierarchy, why would it trip if I added 1 more part to hierarchy...? And still doesn't work.