import files type

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

KSAR

import files type

Post by KSAR »

When I want to add a vehicle to Zmodeler3 , the file type does not show anything for me, and the file type is yft
How do I fix it?
Last edited by KSAR on Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: import files type

Post by Oleg »

unpack ZModeler files onto another drive. Do not put ZModeler onto your system drive if possible.
Mind to run ZModeler as Administrator.
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

I moved it to another disk and opened it as administrator but it didn't work
KSAR

Post by KSAR »

i fixed
Grandseigneur

Post by Grandseigneur »

Hey, do you mind sharing how you've done that? I have the same problem.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

install license key and reboot your computer. Once ZModeler starts with pre-installed license key, everything will work fine.
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

Hello, I am having the same issue. I did everything that was listed here including whitelisting the app, rebooting the PC, and running as Administrator only. Every time I try to import an unlocked file, the file type list doesn't appear at all, and I also moved everything into a different drive on the PC. I have a valid license and everything seems to be set up and working apart from that. Any thoughts?
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

I did also make sure my license was installed properly
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

when license key is installed and you restart ZModeler, all available filters will be shown in file types.
Note, ZModeler need to start with pre-installed license key (and "License Information" window should not appear when you run ZModeler). Also, you should see filters in Settings\Plugins\Manager list

In general, no import/export feature and no filters (no file types) is a result of missing license key. There is no other way (other than actual plugins be removed from ZModeler's folder).
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

I think part of my problem is that window opening every time I've started up ZM3. Don't know what's causing this since I validated everything with my account/license
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Most likely ZModeler can not save license key on a hard drive.

I advise to move ZModeler folder from a system drive to another drive if possible. Then right-click on ZModeler folder, pick "Properties". Toggle off "read-only" and press OK. Then specify "to all files and folders inside" and press OK once again.

Open task manager and make sure there are no "zmodeler3.exe" processes jammed in background.
Run ZModeler as Administrator, install license key and close ZModeler.

Wait at least 5-7 seconds (or ensure in Task manager that there are no longer any "zmodeler3.exe" processes running) and run ZModeler again. Your license key should be installed.

P.S. when license key is installed, ZModeler creates a file codelib.dynamic in "Shared" folder. This file is re-created every time you run ZModeler. So, availability of this file could be an evidence of successful license key installation. There should be a "codelib.zmx" file there, as this is a construction module for this dynamic license storage; if codelib.zmx file is missing, ZModeler will be unable to save license on a hard drive (will be unable to construct secure storage for license key).
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

I did move it to my other drive this morning before I went on the forums
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

...and have you done the "remove read-only" option thing? and what about availability of codelib.zmx file in "Shared" folder? My reply above included quite a lot of things to pay attention to rather than just copy ZModeler folder onto another drive and try it out from that drive. Even in this short track, you was supposed to unpack ZModeler files from ZIP into a newly-created folder (like you have just downloaded it and it's the first time you put it onto your computer) instead of copying a problematic folder.

P.S. My bad, I used terms "Move ZModeler folder from a system drive...", while I actually considered to suggest "unpack ZModeler onto another drive". Yet users reported that moving folder from system drive did solve similar issue earlier.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I have just tried the above on a clean downloaded version from the website and noticed that 64-bit version does everything as it should, while 32-bit version hangs up in background and does not install license key. The issue is fixed now, if you have been trying the 32-bit version, redownload it from the website again to get a good version.
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

I did try unclicking the "read only" option for the entire ZM3 folder, but it looks like it tries to keep undoing what I did, so I end up unclicking that checkmark every time. The dynamic file isn't present in the Shared folder, but my .zmx file is
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

Just saw your recent posting, I'll try that and report back to you
2000f350mike

Post by 2000f350mike »

Just got it to work!!! Thank you so very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it!!!