quadr doesnt work

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

m1ni

quadr doesnt work

Post by m1ni »

when i have a project in zmodeler i can only move i cant select anything with quadr oder others. i already selected the selected mode on the bodom right but i dont know wy i cant work on any project
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: quadr doesnt work

Post by Oleg »

the automatic quadr selection is toggled by "Auto" button. It starts selection when nothing is hovered under cursor and you perform left-click&drag.

All selection tools in commands bar on "Select" panel work with right mouse button, so if you pick Select\Quadr, you should use right mouse button to perform selection (or deselection if you hold Ctrl key too). At the same time the left mouse button can be used for another tool like Modify\Move.

If you see the blue or green rectangle of Quadr selection tool being drawn, then selection is working. There are several reasons for selection tool not to perform selection - either object is disabled or it has disabled sub-geometry like vertices/polygons. Display\Enable tool should resolve this. Also, give it a try on selection of newly-created primitive object like Box. If it does work, then something is wrong with the object itself that Quadr does not perform selection on.

In rare cases object's boundary might not get updated properly and object hit-test gives wrong result. In most of cases, switching all objects to vertices level and back to objects level should resolve this as bound will get re-computed.