Can't activate license

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

iiTranquility

Can't activate license

Post by iiTranquility »

Hi, I'm having issues trying to activate the trial license. (Somehow is down to 13 days even tho I just got it today)

I've made the platform password the same, made sure it's in my clipboard and held shift.
On the user profile, it states that I can only do this the online way, but it isn't working for me currently..

I've followed the guide to the exact steps but I'm still getting verification failed no matter what.
I have no AV, and my firewall doesn't block it either.

What can I do?
Thank you.
iiTranquility

Re: Can't activate license

Post by iiTranquility »

I set my platform password to 123456 and it worked completely fine? I'm so confused, you can close this.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't activate license

Post by Oleg »

Hello.

It's not a magic of password 123456, you just have different passwords assigned on your platform ID and specified in ZModeler at some point, so nothing was actually happening. I usually recommend simple password like 123456 just to be sure nothing is messed up by mistake (e.g. messing upper/lower case or keyboard layout/language while typing password).

Also, license time is rounded down to a day value every time you revoke it, so if you had 14 days and 23 hours on license, revocation will drop down to 14 days. Once you activate license and revoke it immediately you get time dropped to 13 days. That is why I never advise to use Revocation in any other scenario, other than the case of license transfer from one platform to another (e.g. after upgrade or if you have changed your computer).