wheel misplacement

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

IvanD2006

wheel misplacement

Post by IvanD2006 »

anytime i export a vehicle from zmod and inport it into gtav/fivem, the wheels seems to be misplaced, i never touched anything of the wheel and i tried fixing it by remaking collisionsand other things and no difference. but when i get a friend to do it for me, exports it as normal and looks perfect on his end. how do i fix this situation because this is getting on my nerves.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: wheel misplacement

Post by Oleg »

make sure your vehicle's dummy node is centered to 0,0,0 as well as chassis object is centered too. Use "Display\Local axes\Reset to world" tool to set axes to 0,0,0.

You have to export and update both model.yft and model_hi. yft files. You can export and replace just one of them.
IvanD2006

Post by IvanD2006 »

i did that and no result, i had someone else do it and they sent it to me for import and no result. i would just like to know if i did anything wrong, i never touched the wheel and its just bugged out
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you show a set of screenshots and/or a short video from the game, so I can see what exactly went wrong with the vehicle?
IvanD2006

Post by IvanD2006 »

IvanD2006

Post by IvanD2006 »

Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Are wheel axes centered to an object? looks like they are reset to world.
Second, what options are set on [wheel_lf] object in GTA Options window? If I'm not mistaken, rotations and movement should be enabled and not-constrained there.

Wheel collision center should match the [wheel_lf] axes center too.
IvanD2006

Post by IvanD2006 »

for the wheel axes, they where centered and for the gta option, they havent been touched, this model was given to me pre made and was told there shouldnt be any issues. when i had someone else import it as is, they had no issues
IvanD2006

Post by IvanD2006 »

i ment export, sorry
dmarsac

Post by dmarsac »

When you export, check to make sure "Skeletal" is selected
Hiroto

Post by Hiroto »

Any Update on this im currently having an issue as well
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you need to fix your scene hierarchy. no update is supposed to be made, as the error is in your scene, not in ZModeler/exporter.

your main root dummy node should be at 0,0,0 point. chassis object should be at 0,0,0 point. wheel dummies should be at wheel hubs axes. the model should be exported with "Skeletal" option toggled on. Also, the location of axes of "chassis [COL]" object could be an issue, so it is suggested to keep it at 0,0,0 point, but this is not a must.
Hiroto

Post by Hiroto »

I actually ended up figuring it out , for me at least all i had to do was reset the chasis to world and that was it.