Can't revoke license anymore

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

Nachtfliege

Can't revoke license anymore

Post by Nachtfliege »

So i've just gotten a new PC and revoked my old license so i can put it on the new one. Problem is, me being a dumbass, i set up a new platform with the wrong platform ID. I assigned the license to the new wrong platform and now I can't revoke it to put it on the proper one.

Acc name: Nachtfliege
Wrong ID where the license is currently active: Z73YM-5M
Proper ID where I want it assigned: Z7Y3M-5M

Hope this gets sorted, thanks in advance.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Can't revoke license anymore

Post by Oleg »

Delete wrong platform ID and add the correct one. Then activate your license for correct ID.
Nachtfliege

Post by Nachtfliege »

This is what i tried to do. The problem is that the license is already active for the wrong platform. If i read the disclaimer correctly, any license running on that platform will also be black-listed when i delete the old platform.

My problem is that I can't revoke the license that is on the old platform. The Revoke button just isn't there. I dont wanna lose my 6 month license, so I'm coming to you for help.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Nachtfliege wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:07 am This is what i tried to do. The problem is that the license is already active for the wrong platform. If i read the disclaimer correctly, any license running on that platform will also be black-listed when i delete the old platform.

My problem is that I can't revoke the license that is on the old platform. The Revoke button just isn't there. I dont wanna lose my 6 month license, so I'm coming to you for help.
no, license will not get black-listed unless you run ZModeler on old platform ID several times after deleting platform ID. A couple of times license server will allow this to happen, but then it will ban license if you keep running ZModeler with license on platform ID that you've deleted.

If your platform ID has changed, the scenario above is not your case, you can safely delete old ID.

Also, platform deletion will delete trial license, fortunately is not your case also.
Nachtfliege

Post by Nachtfliege »

Thank you for your swift help. It worked!