I can't Import into zmodeler

Technical issues and help in: forum registration/posting, account creation/confirmation, platforms and licenses issues.

Moderator: Oleg

newyckkrocky

I can't Import into zmodeler

Post by newyckkrocky »

Hello, when I do everything according to a youtube video on how to import it doesn't work. I end up with the import window still open and nothing happening/opening. I tried everything, please help!

This is what happens AFTER I click import

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: I can't Import into zmodeler

Post by Oleg »

The file you are trying to import is locked. This is an option a user can enable when he/she exports the file. This prevents file from being modified without permission. I advise to pick a different model, may be you can find an unlocked model. Also, all native game models should be importable just fine.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Hello, I have tried 5 different files... Could you send me a file that you KNOW isn't locked? So I can see that it actually works?
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

this is when i try with another car
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Disabled "Import" button means "model is locked". you can still import original game models. Authors of modded content are rarely ready to share their mods for everyone to modify/change models, so files you download as mods are most likely will be locked.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Is there a way to unlock them?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

They are locked solely to prevent anyone from accessing the model in ZModeler. That's what model author intended to get when he/she locked the model.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Your license key is not installed in ZModeler.
Open License Information window in ZModeler and ensure you have license key shown there.

Another possible issue - you have two instances of "zmodeler3.exe" running.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

how do I get to license information in ZModeler?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 pm how do I get to license information in ZModeler?
ok.. you have already made everything the wrong way.
Open "About" window (a question mark icon on top), switch to "License Information" page there. You will see your platform ID.
This is the ID you should add in web account on "My computers" page. Any other ID being added (or any misspell) will make it impossible to install license key in ZModeler.

Once you add your platform ID, you should probably get a trial license too (IDs are not absolutely unique, so trial license for your ID might have been used already). Then assign password like 123456 onto your platform ID on "My computers" page. Then run ZModeler as Administrator, open "About" window and switch to "Account Setup" page. Specify there your account name and platform password 123456. Press OK and restart ZModeler. In web account on "My computers" page pick your platform ID. You should see "Last activity: October 26th 2022". It should not be "Last activity: Never".

Now (and only now) you can activate your license in web account on "My computers" page.

Then restart ZModeler as Administrator once again. This time you will see License Information window opened automatically and your license key downloaded and installed in 3-5 seconds. Press OK and restart ZModeler.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

When I type in any password, "123456" or anything, it says "something is wrong on server, try again later"...
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

I don't remember what platform password I put in, or if I did put in one...
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Now in the "about" it says "expired"... When its a 15day free license, it says on the website it is not expired...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You need the very latest version of ZModeler to run it with license. You are running an old version.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

After I update, then restart/open ZModeler the Zmodeler picture comes up and then nothing happens. It doesn't open up...
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

get the full version from the website instead of updating from a very outdated version.

https://www.zmodeler3.com/files/zmodeler3_x64.zip

...and mind to shutdown any other zmodeler3.exe process that is probably now jammed in background (reboot your computer).
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

thank you it works love you
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Hello, when I try to export into hi file after im done editting it says this " Can not locate scene node named "urusbyv_hi " for export. file:gtarageexport.cpp line:117". What should I do?

Its like this with every file i try to export, please help! Thank you
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Does anyone know a solution?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

newyckkrocky wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:16 am Hello, when I try to export into hi file after im done editting it says this " Can not locate scene node named "urusbyv_hi " for export. file:gtarageexport.cpp line:117". What should I do?
obviously, there is no object in scene "urusbyv_hi". The correct scenario is to have a root hierarchy node named "urusbyv_hi", and geometry objects should be compound objects with highest detail geometries on L0 state, mid-detail on L1 state, low-detail on L2 state. When you export, an Export LODs option should be set to "Autodetect". When you export to "urusbyv_hi.yft" file, the exporter will export only L0 geometries from your scene, say, highest detail only. When you export from the same scene to "urusbyv.yft", exporter will export geometries L1, L2 (those that are available) and will ignore L0.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I advise to import original game model, say "buffalo2_hi.yft" and take a look at scene hierarchy and what is inside any bold object like "chassis" , "bumper_f". you will see they have L0 state only (high-detail geometry only). Then import into the same scene the buffalo2.yft file. You will see objects like "chassis", "bumper_f" will gain L1, L2 states too. by toggling L0, L1, L2 buttons on Structure panel you will see geometry switching from hi-detail to low-detail. that's how it works, that's what the game does too.

Most modders don't mess with detalization leveles and export high-detail model as a regular model. Then create a copy of it and rename to ***_hi.yft
You can do the same if you like to.
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Now I can import, but when I import it creates a .bak file. I still have the YFT file, but I don't know what BAK file is or what to do with it. The YFT file I exported into is it updated or is the Bak file updated... Im confused...
newyckkrocky

Post by newyckkrocky »

Thanks for the help you're providing btw
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

.bak is usually a backup copy of the file ZModeler overwrites. So if you export into a folder whether the destination file already exists, this original file is renamed to .bak and new file is then created instead of it. Same happens when you use File\Save as... and pick a .z3d file to save your scene to -> a .bak file is created from old file and scene is saved into the new file.

In general, you can delete bak file(s), they are not needed in a mod.